Saved an old Homey at the scrap yard this morning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I stopped to get some nonferrous scrap price quotes from our local scrap yard and this might sound wierd, but something drew me over to a bin of mixed "dirty" aluminum across the yard. I had a peek in and at the bottom of the bin under some motorcycle rims and a mitre saw frame was this Homelite.....I swear the old girl was calling to me.:tongue2:

I asked if the guy would sell it and I was out of there with it for $5. He says he'll get me more.:clap:

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6405.jpg

I finally might have an in with this guy.....I've asked many times and he "never has any".

I visited an old saw shop the other day and the owner told me that about 3 years ago they took in about 15K pounds to the scrap yard ..... about 8K ponds was saw stuff.

Man, every single XL-9xx saw has that clutch cover chewed out by the screws. Did Homelite never hear of locking fasteners?

I visited an old saw shop the other day and the owner told me that about 3 years ago they took in about 15K pounds to the scrap yard ..... about 8K ponds was saw stuff.

That's gut wrenching to think about!!:bang:

I missed out on an old guy that quit wrenching on saws and threw all the left over saws out as well......He said there was about five heaping pick-up loads.:(

WOW, Good for you, Well worth the 5 bucks.
You don't see that model hardly ever. And with
a full wrap to boot.

Sweet find.

Lee

I never thought about it, but it appears that the XL-910 is a bit of an odd model.....Maybe Canadian market only??? The 922 was that way too I believe.

Last edited:
The XL-910 must be a Canadian thing, yours is the only other one I've seen.
Here is a photo of mine.

IMG_0319.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the saw. Nice find!! :rock:

:msp_ohmy::frown::dizzy::msp_confused::cry:

Back