Saw Availability in Northeast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M-tooth

M-tooth

ArboristSite Operative
Has anybody run into issues obtaining a ms441m-tron wrap model or ms460 wrap model in the northeastern US? One of these is what i'm after and I foresee there being some availability issues. My time is split between Maine and Vermont.

Thanks,
Chris :cheers:

BloodOnTheIce

BloodOnTheIce

Addicted to ArboristSite
Has anybody run into issues obtaining a ms441m-tron wrap model or ms460 wrap model in the northeastern US? One of these is what i'm after and I foresee there being some availability issues. My time is split between Maine and Vermont.

Thanks,
Chris :cheers:

Chris, there aren't any wrap models available to us through our distributor. To get one a dealer would have to get in touch
with Northeast Stihl, and see if they could get one from one of the other Stihl distributors.

gcsupraman

gcsupraman

ArboristSite Operative
Chris,

Buying my 441RCM was a nightmare as Northeast Stihl had never sold one before. After back and forth with dealer for several weeks who was in touch with Northeast Stihl I finally just called them myself. I got somebody who was on the ball and he activated it so my order could be placed back in August/September with a 25" bar.

All your dealer has to do is login and order it and Northeast Stihl will order it for you (they do not stock it). Took about a week to get.

-Greg

M-tooth

M-tooth

ArboristSite Operative
Chris,

Buying my 441RCM was a nightmare as Northeast Stihl had never sold one before. After back and forth with dealer for several weeks who was in touch with Northeast Stihl I finally just called them myself. I got somebody who was on the ball and he activated it so my order could be placed back in August/September with a 25" bar.

All your dealer has to do is login and order it and Northeast Stihl will order it for you (they do not stock it). Took about a week to get.

-Greg

Glad you finally got it! how do you like it?

Duane(Pa)
I ordered the 441r-cm the week before Christmas.(Dealer supplied by NorthEast Stihl) Stihl waiting, but expect to get the saw. The only thing I really wanted was the HO oiler and bigger clutch cover. Ordered the wrap because upgrade parts were bigger bucks. Now I have save logs until the bigger dog shows up:msp_ohmy:

gcsupraman

gcsupraman

ArboristSite Operative
Glad you finally got it! how do you like it?

I really like it....no regrets at all on the purchase. The only bad is that you will want all Mtronic saws going forward!

Duane,
Hang in there - it's a great saw and once you get it in your hands it will be worth it. If I were you I would have your dealer follow up with NES as 3 weeks seems too long - I got mine very quickly.

-Greg

M-tooth

M-tooth

ArboristSite Operative
I mainly use 70cc saws with a 28" bar so I plan on fitting this in my daily rotation. I am leaning towards the 441m-tron. Any word on how these do in cold temps? most of my working season is winter with temps at 0 degrees F +/-20

Latest posts