Saw cleaning? How do you do it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rynosawr

rynosawr

ArboristSite Guru
I've found that pipe cleaners work great for the recoil covers and any other small openings.

also, you can get a lot of cheap cleaning brushes at gun shows that I really use a lot. There are some nylon bore brushes for .22 pistols with a little handle on the end that work great for the recoil covers and small holes...

gduvic

gduvic

ArboristSite Lurker
I use totally awesome cleaner from Dollar General ; spray it on let it soak then hose it off.Then I follow up with air compressor makes for a good cleaning.

lloyyd

lloyyd

ArboristSite Operative
I took an old paint brush and cut the bristles down to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch (stiffens them up but they're still softish) and use that to wipe all the crud off. Then blow off with compressed air.

Wood Chopper

Wood Chopper

ArboristSite Operative
It is amazing how spaying wd-40 on the saw when its clean help new crud from sticking as much. I used to ride enduro bikes and sprayed wd-40 and silicone spay on all the plastics under the fenders etc. Would cut cleaning time in half.

Latest posts