Saw cleaning? How do you do it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that pipe cleaners work great for the recoil covers and any other small openings.

also, you can get a lot of cheap cleaning brushes at gun shows that I really use a lot. There are some nylon bore brushes for .22 pistols with a little handle on the end that work great for the recoil covers and small holes...

I use totally awesome cleaner from Dollar General ; spray it on let it soak then hose it off.Then I follow up with air compressor makes for a good cleaning.

I took an old paint brush and cut the bristles down to about 1/2 to 3/4 inch (stiffens them up but they're still softish) and use that to wipe all the crud off. Then blow off with compressed air.

It is amazing how spaying wd-40 on the saw when its clean help new crud from sticking as much. I used to ride enduro bikes and sprayed wd-40 and silicone spay on all the plastics under the fenders etc. Would cut cleaning time in half.

Latest posts

Back