Saw cleaning machine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
The shop is on the hunt for a good machine to clean the entire saw with. One in which you can set the whole saw in and push a button and it comes out looking new. Been looking at the Cuda steam jet cleaner but its 5 grand. Are there any other more modest price machines out there????????

Thall

Ive been looking at these too for my automotive shop as we have them where I work as a cnc programmer and they are awsome. The price seems to be pretty much the same within a 800-1000 no matter which (comparable) model your looking at. We have the cudas and I know they are reliable so that why I steer toward them. If you find any others with combarable quality for less let me know. lol

yep... My buddy at CheapStihlparts used a vertical (the side opens and you put your saws in on racks) hot water part cleaner to clean the most disgusting chainsaws you've ever seen.. Couple of teaspoons of transmission cleaner, insert 3 to 6 entire saws (with ports blocked off) and 10 minutes later they look like new. They come out so hot they air dry in a couple of minutes. If you not tearing them to pieces like he does, start them up to clear out any condensation and now it's pleasure to work on them; well, kind of...

Cost was about $2,000 including freight of about $450... It has an oil skimmer on the side to removed the oil that separates. Very nice unit.. I'll track down the name.

93_ChargedCobra said:
Thall

Ive been looking at these too for my automotive shop as we have them where I work as a cnc programmer and they are awsome. The price seems to be pretty much the same within a 800-1000 no matter which (comparable) model your looking at. We have the cudas and I know they are reliable so that why I steer toward them. If you find any others with combarable quality for less let me know. lol

While down at Stihl they had a nice Cuda they showed us. They put in a crappy saw and hit the button. 5 minutes later it came out looking like new, I gots to get me something, I'm tired of air hoses and cleaning fuild, grrrrrrrrrrr

Lakeside53 said:
yep... My buddy at CheapStihlparts used a vertical (the side opens and you put your saws in on racks) hot water part cleaner to clean the most disgusting chainsaws you've ever seen.. Couple of teaspoons of transmission cleaner, insert 3 to 6 entire saws (with ports blocked off) and 10 minutes later they look like new. They come out so hot they air dry in a couple of minutes. If you not tearing them to pieces like he does, start them up to clear out any condensation and now it's pleasure to work on them; well, kind of...

Cost was about $2,000 including freight of about $450... It has an oil skimmer on the side to removed the oil that separates. Very nice unit.. I'll track down the name.

Thanks Lake, 2 grand tant bad. 5 grand is a bit steep. Find that name for me, apperciate it a bunch, thanks............

clean

if your not doing alot i would think a pressure wassher would work but beware of those that cut 2x4 and rubber hoses off might be cheap way out:jawdrop:

Lakeside53 said:

Bryce seems to be doing well although I have not heard from him this week. I have looked at the automatic units but they seem too simple compared to the price.

Bill

have you considered the possiblity of a second hand commercial dish washer.
seems like it might do the job.
we had one at the camp at one time, 160-180 deg water in had a high pressure booster pump and rotating nozzles.

gatkeper1 said:
have you considered the possiblity of a second hand commercial dish washer.
seems like it might do the job.
we had one at the camp at one time, 160-180 deg water in had a high pressure booster pump and rotating nozzles.

These work great, but... you have to consider the disposal of the wash water...

On a parts cleaner you usually just empty the oil skimmer sludge and add more cleaner.

Thall : here a link to the unit I referenced earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4625178829&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

Also contains and interesting descrption of the chinese copying his design, etc...

Lakeside53 said:
These work great, but... you have to consider the disposal of the wash water...

On a parts cleaner you usually just empty the oil skimmer sludge and add more cleaner.

Thall : here a link to the unit I referenced earlier.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4625178829&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1

Also contains and interesting descrption of the chinese copying his design, etc...

Awwwwwwwwww thanks a bunch Lake. That cleaner looks like just what we're looking for and its 3 grand less than a Cuda. Wish I had that cleaner in the shop today, we had a guy come in that was loaded, he was feeeeeeeeeeling good. I could had tossed him in the cleaner so he could sober up some,haha. Even though he was drunk on his butt I sold him a 310 and since he was loaded he had me laffing my butt off I gave him 15 bucks off for the pleasure. Who says ya can't have fun selling saws,haha.
Gonna pass that cleaner info up the ladder, thanks again.......

Even though he was drunk on his butt I sold him a 310

So do you sell just the 310's to drunks, or any model? I'm just wondering....as part of your customer service did you also fire it up and show him how to run it too?

And what part of the Stihl 'premium dealership experience' I hear everyone rave about involves selling chainsaws to drunk customers?

Thank god you're not a firearms dealership.

Even though he was drunk on his butt I sold him a 310

I knew there were advantages to Stihl's "No Big BOX Store Policy" and keeping everything in the hands of reputable dealers.

coveredinsap said:
So do you sell just the 310's to drunks, or any model? I'm just wondering....as part of your customer service did you also fire it up and show him how to run it too?

And what part of the Stihl 'premium dealership experience' I hear everyone rave about involves selling chainsaws to drunk customers?

Thank god you're not a firearms dealership.

hahaha, Sap you amaze me. Seems you come out gunning without knowing all the facts. Chill my friend, it was all good. That guy I was talking about is a regular that comes in all the time, we all know him. He has bought a ton of stuff from us. Today he happened to be lit, thats all. We had a blast with him. See Sap ya gotta relax abit. If you walked in lit up we'd have a blast with you too, its no big deal to us. Calm ya ole orenry self, you sucker you. You know what, had you dealt with me I'd be your best friend by now. Hell you may wind up being my best friend anyway. I have a way of getting to ya ole soft spot Sap so chill out and relax................

Big Woody said:
I knew there were advantages to Stihl's "No Big BOX Store Policy" and keeping everything in the hands of reputable dealers.

haha, Woody you should had heard that man, he was talking some stuff today. He had us rolling. First time he has come in lit to the hilt but boy he was funny as hell...................

A Great Idea

We all have heard the low dealer margins made on selling new saws. We also all know that selling drinks rakes in big dough. How about combining the two. A saw dealership with a liquor license.

You could have Happy Hour 4-6 PM: Half Priced drinks and 10% off new saws

If you served appetizers you could then use the saw cleaning maching also as a dish washer.

This would get you through the slow time of the year.

Big Woody said:
We all have heard the low dealer margins made on selling new saws. We also all know that selling drinks rakes in big dough. How about combining the two. A saw dealership with a liquor license.

You could have Happy Hour 4-6 PM: Half Priced drinks and 10% off new saws

If you served appetizers you could then use the saw cleaning maching also as a dish washer.

This would get you through the slow time of the year.

hahhahahaha, tell ya what by joe i think that would work. I told one of the big dogs we ought to install a chrome pole and hire a fine looking blonde to greet the customers, wearing nothing of course. He said naaaaaa she has to have at least a G-string on,hahaha

That guy I was talking about is a regular that comes in all the time, we all know him.

LOL!

"Your honor...if it please the court...that man who cut his leg off with the brand new chainsaw I sold him while he was drunk......well, he's a regular customer that comes in all the time! We all know him!"

Yes, I'm sure the judge would be suitably impressed with that retort.... Yup...he'd just dismiss that case outright, I'm sure. hehehehehe

coveredinsap said:
LOL!

"Your honor...if it please the court...that man who cut his leg off with the brand new chainsaw I sold him while he was drunk......well, he's a regular customer that comes in all the time! We all know him!"

Yes, I'm sure the judge would be suitably impressed with that retort.... Yup...he'd just dismiss that case outright, I'm sure. hehehehehe

haha, good one Sap. See you orenry cuss I knew you had a sense of humor. That ole boy came in today and the first thing he said was I wanna buy a f-c-in saw, wheres the damn saws at. That ole boy isn't gonna cut his leg off or sue anyone. Mind ya now if I didn't know the cat then it would have been a different story. The ole judge we have here in town would say well ya damn dummy ya shouldn't drink when using ya saw, case dismissed. Sap sometime you gotta come to Va so you and me can cut up some. I know ya seem tuff on here but I gotta feeling your full of bull just like the rest of us. I know ya gotta funny bone in ya. Share it with us dayumm ya ole hide..........

coveredinsap said:
LOL!

Sap let me tell ya something else that guy, the drunk did today. He tells me his buddy said he had his Stihl buried in a big log and the heat from the muffler melted the case off the front of his saw. I said no way, that guy is full of schit. He pulls out his cell and calls his buddy and tells him I said he was full of schit and then he hands me the phone. I said how ya doing and the guy goes on to tell me how his saw melted. I said your full of schit and he starts laffing his a-ss off. He says Leonard is drunk isn't he, I said yep, he said I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,laffing the whole time. See Sap regardless of whatcha think about the whole thing it was good fun........

Sap let me tell ya something else that guy, the drunk did today. He tells me his buddy said he had his Stihl buried in a big log and the heat from the muffler melted the case off the front of his saw. I said no way, that guy is full of schit. He pulls out his cell and calls his buddy and tells him I said he was full of schit and then he hands me the phone. I said how ya doing and the guy goes on to tell me how his saw melted. I said your full of schit and he starts laffing his a-ss off. He says Leonard is drunk isn't he, I said yep, he said I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,laffing the whole time. See Sap regardless of whatcha think about the whole thing it was good fun........

Yeah....there's no way that MS310 could have gotten hot enough to melt the plastic. Like my MS390, it probably broke before it got that hot. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

How's that for a sense of humor?

Latest posts

Back