Saw cleaning machine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coveredinsap said:
Yeah....there's no way that MS310 could have gotten hot enough to melt the plastic. Like my MS390, it probably broke before it got that hot. Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

How's that for a sense of humor?

Well Sap ya sense of humor is getting better, I like it. Your old 390 was probly cracked before you went out the door with it but hey schit happens. I had a 310 come right out the box with a split gas tank but good ole me caught that before it got sold. All our saws are delivered by UPS and we have a concrete loading dock. They just toss those boxes up on the dock and thats how some of em get cracked. I just made a call and Sthil said no problem, send it back. Tell me something Sap, not to be messing with ya but did that saw leak oil out that crack??? If it was cracked at the time you bought it seems that sorry a-- dealer would have caught it, don't guess he was drunk was he,haha.

Big Woody said:
We all have heard the low dealer margins made on selling new saws. We also all know that selling drinks rakes in big dough. How about combining the two. A saw dealership with a liquor license.

You could have Happy Hour 4-6 PM: Half Priced drinks and 10% off new saws

If you served appetizers you could then use the saw cleaning maching also as a dish washer.

This would get you through the slow time of the year.

So... in the next town over (Duvall), the same guy owns the Carquest auto parts store which is also the Stihl dealer (decent size), and next door the gas station, and in the other half of the gas station, the liquor store... :givebeer:

Lakeside53 said:
So... in the next town over (Duvall), the same guy owns the Carquest auto parts store which is also the Stihl dealer (decent size), and next door the gas station, and in the other half of the gas station, the liquor store... :givebeer:

I still think the chrome pole and the blonde would be a nice ass-et in any saw shop,haha

Lakeside53 said:
You blew it - you were one post early!!!! O.k. no beer for 1000, so do I get my two beers now? let me guess, I need to drive to WI?

I was trying to get in there right after but you stalled..No watch for the brown truck..:cheers:

THALL10326 said:
I still think the chrome pole and the blonde would be a nice ass-et in any saw shop,haha

Would go well with the Stihl calenders:)

Wait until you see the Ad program for the MS441!!! real live flesh...

sale

If they aren't sure which end of the saw to hold on to, DO NOT SELL THEM A SAW!:jawdrop: :greenchainsaw:

Seems like a lot of the loggers in years past liked to drink breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner. A lot less of that "knock you over" alcohol breath lately. I think it is a good thing.

THALL10326 said:
Awwwwwwwwww thanks a bunch Lake. That cleaner looks like just what we're looking for and its 3 grand less than a Cuda. Wish I had that cleaner in the shop today, we had a guy come in that was loaded, he was feeeeeeeeeeling good. I could had tossed him in the cleaner so he could sober up some,haha. Even though he was drunk on his butt I sold him a 310 and since he was loaded he had me laffing my butt off I gave him 15 bucks off for the pleasure. Who says ya can't have fun selling saws,haha.
Gonna pass that cleaner info up the ladder, thanks again.......
thall, install a small hot water heater with a small garden hose and sprayer. works good over a floor drain or laundry sink. then spray with a degreaser and hose off. I think any parts cleaning machine useing an oil base solution would affect chainsaws with points.

Well Sap ya sense of humor is getting better, I like it. Your old 390 was probly cracked before you went out the door with it but hey schit happens. I had a 310 come right out the box with a split gas tank but good ole me caught that before it got sold. All our saws are delivered by UPS and we have a concrete loading dock. They just toss those boxes up on the dock and thats how some of em get cracked. I just made a call and Sthil said no problem, send it back. Tell me something Sap, not to be messing with ya but did that saw leak oil out that crack??? If it was cracked at the time you bought it seems that sorry a-- dealer would have caught it, don't guess he was drunk was he,haha.

Good question. No, there was no oil leaking out of the crack. Of course, with the mill attachment the saw would sit on it's side with the tanks facing up. My dealer said that he'd seen Stihl saws fall out of trees and not crack....implying that I must have beat mine with a baseball bat, I guess.

Lakeside53 said:

mmmm, Stihl calendars...

Not thinking I can score one of these from my Amish dealer... Get my fix checking out ebay pics...

coveredinsap said:
Good question. No, there was no oil leaking out of the crack. Of course, with the mill attachment the saw would sit on it's side with the tanks facing up. My dealer said that he'd seen Stihl saws fall out of trees and not crack....implying that I must have beat mine with a baseball bat, I guess.

I'd guess it got trashed in shipment before it got to the saw. You can jump on these tanks and they don't break.

coveredinsap said:

Well that dealer was putting on the blame game no doult. Why is the part about him I don't understand for whenever there is a issue Stihl, at least with me , always sides with the customer. I have yet to ever be told by my distributor no. They always say do whatever is needed to keep the man happy and file the claim with us. I've seen a few saws fall off the tailgates of pick up trucks and snap the back handle right off, plastic is plastic. For the most part the plasic housings are very strong, they are re-enforced but I guess sometime a spot gets missed in the processing and a crack appears later on.
You know Sap you probly aren't gonna believe this but I had a man walk in one day and point to a 390 on the rack and say thats the saw I want. I asked him why was that. He said trust me I know exactly what I want. I said thats great but why the 390 out of all the saws on the rack. He went on tell me him and his friend were doing a tree and the only saw they had was a
390. They had to go way up in the tree to saw off a limb that was hanging way out over a house. He said his buddy climbed the tree up about 40 feet with two ropes, one to tie the limb and one for the saw. He got up there and tied back the limb and lowered the second rope for the saw to be tied to. He said he tied the saw and his buddy pulled the saw up the tree. He got it in his hands, fired it up and was sawing off the limb and lost control of the saw and let it go. It fell 40 feet straight down and stuck in the ground by the bar about a foot deep. He said the odd part was it was stuck in the ground and was sitting there idling. He said for that reason alone he had to have one. I don't look a gift horse in the mouth, I told the guy yep you gotta have one. I wouldn't want them fellers doing any tree work for me but sure wasn't gonna tell him,haha.
I know what ya thinking, had it landed on the motor side it would probly have broke all to hell and your probly 100% right. The reason I bring this story up to ya is you would think the case would have snapped off at the bar studs falling that far and sticking in the ground that deep. The guy said the saw wasn't hurt at all. Those cases are strong just like Lake said they are, very strong. You got a defective one for sure and a lemon dealer as well. With me you would had walked out smiling with either your money back or a new saw, whichever ya perferred.
Anyway I'm glad to see ya starting to mix it up abit with all of us and starting to have to some fun on the AS site. We're just a bunch of good ole boys who like to shoot the breeze about what we do and what we like which is mostly chainsaws. Oh we argu and fuss and tease and carry on but thats what makes it fun. I'm glad to see ya starting to show ya sense of humor and realizing too we aren't out to hurt ya but merely mix it up with ya. If ya ever in ole Virginia you come on by. Bring ya own beer though. You can come in drunk and have a ball but ya gonna have to buy ya own boose,haha

sugarbush said:
thall, install a small hot water heater with a small garden hose and sprayer. works good over a floor drain or laundry sink. then spray with a degreaser and hose off. I think any parts cleaning machine useing an oil base solution would affect chainsaws with points.

Not a bad idea there Sugar, sure as hell beats what I've been doing. I never thought about saws with points in them, something to consider for sure. The cats told me down at Stihl that the Cuda works great and that the saw dries so fast there's no need to do anything to it other than let it cool down. At 5 grand though it ought to be good, wow. They showed us what it did to a crummy saw and I was amazed, it came out spotless. I been wanting one ever since. Till I get something I'll keep your idea in mind and give a try. Thanks a bunch ole feller.

Lakeside53 said:

Huh, can't say I've heard anything about that, how bouts you fill me in there ole friend. Real live flesh, huh. Now that sounds a mights interesting. Whats the scoop on that?????

sugarbush said:
Please please tell me this was a joke!!! With on site septic that floor drain or laundry tub drains to the leech field and most likely back to your aquifer . Oil and solvents are not filtered by stone and soil very effectively, drinking oil you and your neighbors are. On public sewer you send it through the pipes to waste water treatment stations which most are nothing more than baffled tanks with aerators and maybe sand filters before being dumped back into the closest steam then to the resovoir and you and your neighbors drink the oil again. One teaspoon of oil can pollute up to a million gallons of water , that floor drain is no magic conductor thats why oil and grease traps and maintnence of same is so important. Effluent is easy to deal with and treat oil is difficult keep the Valdez to yourself please. Reading Master Plumber #2509.

shalx said:
Please please tell me this was a joke!!! With on site septic that floor drain or laundry tub drains to the leech field and most likely back to your aquifer . Oil and solvents are not filtered by stone and soil very effectively, drinking oil you and your neighbors are. On public sewer you send it through the pipes to waste water treatment stations which most are nothing more than baffled tanks with aerators and maybe sand filters before being dumped back into the closest steam then to the resovoir and you and your neighbors drink the oil again. One teaspoon of oil can pollute up to a million gallons of water , that floor drain is no magic conductor thats why oil and grease traps and maintnence of same is so important. Effluent is easy to deal with and treat oil is difficult keep the Valdez to yourself please. Reading Master Plumber #2509.
you'v got to be kidding me . your wife probably pollutes more in one day then a chainsaw shop would in a week. plugging up the aquafer with her daily disposal of grease. a chainsaw shop would pick off the bulk then hose off the remainder which probably is no more then small thimble of oil. where does your car washing polution go to? some magical treatment plant? You probably change oil in your vehicle and throw the remains in your garbage cans. get a grip, valdez, indeed.

sugarbush said:
you'v got to be kidding me . your wife probably pollutes more in one day then a chainsaw shop would in a week. plugging up the aquafer with her daily disposal of grease. a chainsaw shop would pick off the bulk then hose off the remainder which probably is no more then small thimble of oil. where does your car washing polution go to? some magical treatment plant? You probably change oil in your vehicle and throw the remains in your garbage cans. get a grip, valdez, indeed.

So you endorse flushing waste oil down the drain?

Jim Mesthene said:
So you endorse flushing waste oil down the drain?
when your cooking oil is wasted what do you do with it? you probably have more grease on a couple of frying pans after your wife frys chicken then what i'm talking about. know if you want to have a real fit park outside your local car wash and watch a steady line of polution. your vehicle included. endorsing flushing waste oil down the drain? who isn't guilty of doing just that? It sounds like what your talking about is pouring old waste oil down a drain. of coarse i don't, i woudn't waste good waste oil i burn it.

Back