Saw cleaning machine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cooking oil and petroleum based oil are two entirely different things. One big difference is that the cooking oil is significantly more biodegradeable. Why do you think there is stuff like bio bar oil available? Because there is a difference.

sugarbush said:
you'v got to be kidding me . your wife probably pollutes more in one day then a chainsaw shop would in a week. plugging up the aquafer with her daily disposal of grease. a chainsaw shop would pick off the bulk then hose off the remainder which probably is no more then small thimble of oil. where does your car washing pollution go to? some magical treatment plant? You probably change oil in your vehicle and throw the remains in your garbage cans. get a grip, valdez, indeed.

My wife doesn't cook in petroleum bi-products... You can "drink" cooking oil, but not "bar oil"... A huge difference... and, you obviously don't own a septic system if you dispose of your waste cooking oils down the drain...

...and it's not a thimble full.. Just our little store generate barrels of waste gunk, oil and gas each year...

Not sure about your state, but it's illegal to dump any petroleum based or similar waste down the sewer or septic systems. Even the car washes have to have a waste recovery system that's pumped.

Lakeside53 said:
My wife doesn't cook in petroleum bi-products... You can "drink" cooking oil, but not "bar oil"... A huge difference... and, you obviously don't own a septic system if you dispose of your waste cooking oils down the drain...

...and it's not a thimble full.. Just our little store generate barrels of waste gunk, oil and gas each year...

Not sure about your state, but it's illegal to dump any petroleum based or similar waste down the sewer or septic systems. Even the car washes have to have a waste recovery system that's pumped.
I'm very familiar with septic systems, I have three , where i live, a rental place and a lake place. first of all i don't have running water in my shop, that idea came from years ago when my car was stranded in a blizzard ( thats a big snow storm) and the car was towed in to a service station. they had a water heater in the bay area and used it to melt the ice and snow from around the engine and steering system. lakeside, you post like you're real full of yourself, try not taking everything so serious, not sure if you just have too much time on your hands ( i doubt that or you wouldn't be able to accumulate all those barrels of waste) or are you just an opinionated know-it-all? By the way, thank you for the education on these septic systems. I'll leave now and have my daily glass of Canola oil!!

sugarbush said:
I'm very familiar with septic systems, I have three , where i live, a rental place and a lake place. first of all i don't have running water in my shop, that idea came from years ago when my car was stranded in a blizzard ( thats a big snow storm) and the car was towed in to a service station. they had a water heater in the bay area and used it to melt the ice and snow from around the engine and steering system. lakeside, you post like you're real full of yourself, try not taking everything so serious, not sure if you just have too much time on your hands ( i doubt that or you wouldn't be able to accumulate all those barrels of waste) or are you just an opinionated know-it-all? By the way, thank you for the education on these septic systems. I'll leave now and have my daily glass of Canola oil!!

Ignoring most of your response, let's just say I live in an area where practicing environmental sensitivity is important (like it is anywhere), and if I see someone promoting what is plain wrong, they'll hear about it. oh, yes, I have a couple of septic systems, live on a lake, and have repaired a number of them... my own and many others...

Andy
Opinionated know-it-all

p.s. Canola oil by the glass is a good enema. Drink two.

Lakeside53 said:
Ignoring most of your response, let's just say I live in an area where practicing environmental sensitivity is important (like it is anywhere), and if I see someone promoting what is plain wrong, they'll hear about it. oh, yes, I have a couple of septic systems, live on a lake, and have repaired a number of them... my own and many others...

Andy
Opinionated know-it-all

p.s. Canola oil by the glass is a good enema. Drink two.
I stand corrected!! Have never had to repair a septic system, or have someone repair one. Guess the grease is good. Ah, to be a jack of all trades, but master of none. Thank you for sharing some of your expertise. Now, take some of your own medical advise, and lighten up!!

spacemule said:
Is this representative behavior of Dolmar dealers? Someone needs to turn this guy in.
Please explain what any of this has to do with being a Dolmar dealer? You have an opinion, as do I. Should I shake in fear of your turning me in? To who?

sugarbush said:
Please explain what any of this has to do with being a Dolmar dealer? You have an opinion, as do I. Should I shake in fear of your turning me in? To who?
If my opinion is that I should dump a load of turkey manure into the front seat of your car, do I have a right to do that? I'm sure Dolmar would love the press you're giving them.

spacemule said:
If my opinion is that I should dump a load of turkey manure into the front seat of your car, do I have a right to do that? I'm sure Dolmar would love the press you're giving them.
Yes, please do that. I could use it for my garden. Still, what does this have to do with Dolmar?

I think he's saying that being a chainsaw dealer, you should know better than to advocate dumping petroleum products into a sewer or septic system, in direct violation of the laws of just about every state in the union.

....Which doesn't exactly make whatever company you may represent....er, 'proud'.

coveredinsap said:
I think he's saying that being a chainsaw dealer, you should know better than to advocate dumping petroleum products into a sewer or septic system, in direct violation of the laws of just about every state in the union.

....Which doesn't exactly make whatever company you may represent....er, 'proud'.
Some of you guys need to get a life. I read it that after cleaning off the majority of the crud, that there would only be a minute amount of any oils left on the saw. Stihl followers seem to try to make a federal case out of nothing. Talk about a rush to judgment!, but that's only this Husky owner's opinion. I think you should just start a Stihl chainsaw forum and let the one-eyed goon be in charge!!!!!

coveredinsap said:

This post should get you back in good graces. You have an irritating way of putting things. I can see why that Stihl dealer kicked you out of his shop. I stayed out of that piling-on. But, in retrospect, should have. I don't believe for a minute that saw was sent out of the shop with a crack, unless whoever you dealt with had a white cane.

Jack of all trades master of none I have taken that as an insult. I AM a licensed and insured MASTER PLUMBER. Haven't claimed any other trades or jacks. Now this is a topic that I deal with every day not only to support my family but to protect the community and environment. I only had wished to highlight something that you probably had overlooked in your post and did not mean to set you on the defensive however in my jurisdiction (any municipality I hold a license for ) it would be my responsibility to turn you in to the local code enforcement officer and the DEP (department of environmental protection). The fact that you compare cooking oil to solvent detergents and petroleum based oil leads me to believe you posses a dangerous level of ignorance. That you try to defend it is more poison. All new car washes are required to recycle water and to have oil and grease separators. I have installed and maintenced them. The garage you saw may also have had a grease trap you were unaware of and all newly constructed ones with floor drains do. The fact that your septic has not been replaced has nothing to do with its potential for pollution yet excess oil and grease even of the potable variety will clog sand beds and distribution pipes. The old standard for treating pollution was dilution but the very nature of population density in this country has made that a stepping stone in history and environmental agencies now prefer to eliminate the source. Please take no offense to what I have written I post not to belittle only to help educate and I know my plumbing skills surpass my writing but if you would like me to cite sources I will, even codes relevant to your own municipality. This is my trade my profession and my business and environment and I do take it seriously.

shalx said:
Jack of all trades master of none I have taken that as an insult. I AM a licensed and insured MASTER PLUMBER. Haven't claimed any other trades or jacks. Now this is a topic that I deal with every day not only to support my family but to protect the community and environment. I only had wished to highlight something that you probably had overlooked in your post and did not mean to set you on the defensive however in my jurisdiction (any municipality I hold a license for ) it would be my responsibility to turn you in to the local code enforcement officer and the DEP (department of environmental protection). The fact that you compare cooking oil to solvent detergents and petroleum based oil leads me to believe you posses a dangerous level of ignorance. That you try to defend it is more poison. All new car washes are required to recycle water and to have oil and grease separators. I have installed and maintenced them. The garage you saw may also have had a grease trap you were unaware of and all newly constructed ones with floor drains do. The fact that your septic has not been replaced has nothing to do with its potential for pollution yet excess oil and grease even of the potable variety will clog sand beds and distribution pipes. The old standard for treating pollution was dilution but the very nature of population density in this country has made that a stepping stone in history and environmental agencies now prefer to eliminate the source. Please take no offense to what I have written I post not to belittle only to help educate and I know my plumbing skills surpass my writing but if you would like me to cite sources I will, even codes relevant to your own municipality. This is my trade my profession and my business and environment and I do take it seriously.
your right i must be a little ignorant or wouldn't have gotten myself in such a predicament. but hell i'm not afraid to stir the pot alittle. thall, thanks alot, trying to help you out with your parts cleaner problem is going to get me drawn and quartered. but my old hide is pretty thick. I havn't had this much fun in alongggg time. I surrender.

No surrender necessary please toss one back and engage in a long distance toast to the AS academy off all things chainsaw. This thread really stretched it THANKS . Salute!

shalx said:
No surrender necessary please toss one back and engage in a long distance toast to the AS academy off all things chainsaw. This thread really stretched it THANKS . Salute!
Stretched is an understatment, Your correct again, a toast is in order.

sugarbush said:
your right i must be a little ignorant or wouldn't have gotten myself in such a predicament. but hell i'm not afraid to stir the pot alittle. thall, thanks alot, trying to help you out with your parts cleaner problem is going to get me drawn and quartered. but my old hide is pretty thick. I havn't had this much fun in alongggg time. I surrender.

hahahaha, Sugar you aint hurting none. I know ya too well and your a tuff ole cat. For what its worth Sugar I know ya was giving me some ideas with the best intentions and I appercaite it. You got many years of knowledge on many of us in here including me and no matter what ya say I'm gonna respect ya. You still my ole geezer buddy. If I got ya in a fix ole friend I'm you and that broom handle will get me back, I know how you are ya ole sucker. Its all good. You aint surrending, your laying in wait and I like it.....

sugarbush said:
Yes, please do that. I could use it for my garden. Still, what does this have to do with Dolmar?

Sugar if Space drops off a load of manure at your place save me some. Stuff works great for mators. Last time I did a mator patch I used alot of fertlizer and at 8.00 bucks a bag that manure would save us some pennies Sugar. If he shows up with one eye tell him the other one is on the AS site,hahaha. I gotta ask him whats up with that photo..............

spacemule said:

Space whats up with that photo of ya eyeball there? Are you promoting some sort of camera or something? Last time I saw ya you was holding a big ole gun in ya hand and now I'm staring at ya eyeball. Damn Space how bout some girlie pics or something like how shall I say, alittle more normal. Fore ya yell back now just remember I got no problem with ya gun or ya eyeball but Space I gotta tell ya I'm beginning to think something just isn't right..........

This post should get you back in good graces. You have an irritating way of putting things. I can see why that Stihl dealer kicked you out of his shop. I stayed out of that piling-on. But, in retrospect, should have. I don't believe for a minute that saw was sent out of the shop with a crack, unless whoever you dealt with had a white cane.

Yes, I probably do have a irritating way of putting things....it's called 'the unvarnished truth'. And the fact is it gave me no pleasure being on the same side as the aforementioned cyclops 'spacemule'...but hey, he happened to be correct in this instance. Sorry about that.

As for the Stihl dealer, the SOB didn't 'kick me out of his shop' ...or anyplace else. I got my money back, thanked him, and left....of my own accord.
And no, I don't believe the crack was preexisting neither...as I looked that saw over pretty good more than a few times prior to milling with it. I just think it was a lemon.

Back