Saw cutting to the right

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philbert I agree with your post on filing 100 percent.You have an uncanny knack in your ability to clearly explain and make it totally understandable for sharpening challenged rookies out there.My hat is off to you.
Kash
My peeve is most people file well on one side but not the other. You get a chain from them and the cutters on one side are nice and long but the other side is 3/4 filed away so you have to file it all the way back to equal the short side.

My peeve is most people file well on one side but not the other. You get a chain from them and the cutters on one side are nice and long but the other side is 3/4 filed away so you have to file it all the way back to equal the short side.
Most people are stronger on the Right or Left hand side. So, if they are taught to 'give each tooth the same number of strokes'', they take off more on one side than the other. If they are told to 'keep cutters the same length', they might give the Left cutters 2 file strokes and the Right cutters 4 (or whatever).

Philbert

Latest posts

Back