saw debate over

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtime

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Due to research here I decided to get a 346ne for myself and dw. As some might remember we are snowed in and so were unfamiliar with the saw changes this year. Well the nearest dealer didn't have one and it would be necessary to get one from the lower mainland. I also checked Dolmar out but there are no dealers here though I almost ordered one on line.
I settled on a 361 for $650 on sale. The 346ne was $799 and I thought why pay that when I can get a stronger saw for less. My dw bought a 353 so we are both happy. I have just run 1 tank so far but I am very happy with the unit and expect it to get better after break in. I got a 18" bar as we leave the big +40" trees alone. Mostly cut pine 12 to 20". Trying to make the woods out back into a park. We generally need 16+ cords a year for the house and greenhouses. Thanks for all the help.

you're kidding right?

Congrats on the 361 , wait for a few more tank till she comes around :)

Sometimes a couple of bucks here or there is a small price to pay to be able to walk in , get patched up and not worry about coverage or a bill .:) :)

seems like a lot more than a couple bucks.i paid $439 for mine.

even the founder of current Canadian healthcare is broken.i believe his name is Caston Gaye.

depend on the government,you'll get burned every time.

glad we don't have "free" healthcare down here.

Most of that price is due to corporate greed. They have kept the price the same as when the Canadian dollar was at $0.63 to the USD, and now that they are about the same they don't want to drop the price because they think we will just accept the price for what it is and they get a big profit margin. The dealers here are not getting this money it is the corporate head office. Some of the large corporations are starting to adjust their pricing a little because of cross boarder shopping but they are being slow about it.

I feel very sorry for the dealers here that are being controlled by this type of market manipulation and infalted values when just across the line the prices are much different.

Most of that price is due to corporate greed. They have kept the price the same as when the Canadian dollar was at $0.63 to the USD, and now that they are about the same they don't want to drop the price because they think we will just accept the price for what it is and they get a big profit margin. The dealers here are not getting this money it is the corporate head office. Some of the large corporations are starting to adjust their pricing a little because of cross boarder shopping but they are being slow about it.

I feel very sorry for the dealers here that are being controlled by this type of market manipulation and infalted values when just across the line the prices are much different.
Exactly .
Pricing has nothing to do with the government (but they benefit because higher prices=more tax revenue ), only the corporation/distributor controls the price , we have been hosed up here from alot of corporations such as GM , Ford (to name a few ) and distribution chains that get territory exclusivity rights for a long time , I don't think the dealers are working on larger margin up here to make up that much of a price difference (I bet they'd like to ).The reason that some companies may have stopped internet sales might be that the distribution companies may not want to compete against themselves .

Back