Saw stolen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good question, very thought provoking in fact.

Simple answer. What else will he take from whomever, until he is willing to kill for it?

Not this guy's first theft, and won't be his last. Until he is seriously dissuaded from doing so. Be it from a Marine Corps style ass kicking or death.

The law does NOT dissuade people as fast or as long as a hard core ass kicking does.

Could I live after taking a mans life? Depends on the situation. But I DO know I would rather be the one above the ground.

Want to borrow something? Just ask. Stealing it, may be fatal.

I think the hard core whoopin idea is best and likely the path I would take but then comes suit for doctor bills and prolly assault charges. I have had my ass kicked into my shoulder blades for being young dumb and with someone else s woman. What did I do? I learned and went on with my life even came across the man later and apologized, why? Cause I was in the wrong I deserved what I got and was a bit more careful of where I laid down afterward. Azz whoopins do work on a boy or mans actions but they have to be good enough to have them laid up a few days:cheers:

next time ya see someone

next time ya see someone on ya road!!!! Take down the tag and if anything comes up missing around that time it will help the cops with where to look!!!!snap a pic of it the tage the truck the guy with your cell phone... I cam home and had a dude walkin down from my porch one day i sayed number one it says no tresspassing number 2 i dont know ya he says ummmm ya need your lawn mowed???? I say wheres ya truck with a mower ??? i snapped his pic with my phone he was liek whats that for i said if anything is gone or missing i got your pic now get the hell off my property if i see ya again im gonna beat your Azz! And i wont ask ya a question !!!! Knock on wood never seen him again !!!!

wow

I found the 'heifer whizz' idea to be particularly disturbing...but, touchin' on kiddies...okay, I can see that.

As I currently work in a well-known, dangerous city, I can vouch that jail/prison doesn't scare a lot of offenders. Imagine you grew up in a hovel in the middle of the projects, saw all sorts of trashy people do trashy things to each other, and had to keep your head down and hope or fight and scratch like an animal to get by. Hard to tell the difference...I'd say the only difference is the food's probably better and served more regularly in prison, and there are actually cops around a good bit of the time when you'd need one.

I think the hard core whoopin idea is best and likely the path I would take but then comes suit for doctor bills and prolly assault charges. I have had my ass kicked into my shoulder blades for being young dumb and with someone else s woman. What did I do? I learned and went on with my life even came across the man later and apologized, why? Cause I was in the wrong I deserved what I got and was a bit more careful of where I laid down afterward. Azz whoopins do work on a boy or mans actions but they have to be good enough to have them laid up a few days:cheers:

Sorry about that, but you do remember I told you to leave my wife alone. Yeah, I accept your apology.

JK.

Keep us posted, and let me know if we need to help with legal fees/bail.

Or a back 40 burial for a dirtnap.

I prefer the latter.

i spent three days in jail over whooping a guys a s s for stealing tools from me. but it was well worth it. all his druggy buddies new to leave my stuff alone after that.

Yup. How's this for an example ?

http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html

"This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat.". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves. The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives, and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it. The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hung. I would think from now on, Russian ships will not be targets for Somalian pirates."

Now that is what you call swift and effective justice

Sorry about that, but you do remember I told you to leave my wife alone. Yeah, I accept your apology.

JK.

Keep us posted, and let me know if we need to help with legal fees/bail.

Or a back 40 burial for a dirtnap.

I prefer the latter.

In my defense I was young and she was hawt lol:cheers:

I don't think the thief deserves to die at Rope's hands

Sorry to hear of the theft of your saw, Rope.

I fully concur in reflection but remembering it in the act is what the problem would be!
Thanks everyone; I moved my ultra valuables stretched a cable to stop the next clown where I can see him but him not me ,so the fort is somewhat more secure getting more deer cams and putting a sign, notice thief, the kindness ended at the first gate!

Hate to hear it rope,had one stolen a couple of years ago myself.Theres got to be a special hot seat in hell for a saw thief.
Heres hopin you get it back and the dudes taken off the streets.

sorry about your luck Rope.

This is a big concern for me right now.As some of you know,I am in the process of moving back to east Tennessee.I do not know when I will be doing tree work again but I do not want to get rid of my saws.The thought of them being stored somewhere and stolen worries me sick.I wonder if I should just sell them for now and get new ones if I get a job doing tree work.

Problem is many police officers are undetrained. Plus they have the job because of the ego trip.

Don't forget underpaid you definattly get what u pay for. The ones that are smart enough to do the job are also smart enough to figure out they can make more money somewhere else

Touched a nerve with this one; lots of us feel the need to sound off.

Years ago, I had a crush on a little chicken that worked behind the bar at a little country roadhouse. It wasn't much; I didn't really think I was going to be getting anywhere, but I did have fun flirting with her when I stopped by. One time I was there with a buddy, joking around with the girl and a couple other guys there, when crabby sort walked in, and looked daggers at me. I laughed him off, and got up because my buddy and I were ready to head into town anyway; I said something like "see you later" to the girl.

The guy came unglued, but instead of coming after me, he slapped her hard enough to knock her down. So I knocked him down; broke two phalange bones in my hand. We wrestled a little and broke some stuff before 3 or 4 other people stepped in; in a few more minutes the deputy sherriff was there and another minute or two there was a highway patrolman.

Me and loverboy got to sit in the pokey; we both got to talk to a judge about it, and both got to pay (pretty dearly) for tearing up the bar. I was lucky; I eventually got to go back there. Judge also told me I was pretty lucky; If I'd severely injured or killed loverboy, I'd be in the clink for a loooong time.

I wonder if a chainsaw is worth it.

I did hear a good story about something like this a while back' seems a couple of rough customers were driving around asking about junk cars to buy, supposedly to haul away for scrap value. Except they just kinda looked a little TOO rough. Farm owner took their pictures with his cell, took pics of their truck and emailed them to his buddy, a deputy sherriff, after telling the car buyers what he was doing. They didn't have much to say, but also didn't ask any more people in the area about selling junk cars (while they looked stuff over for theft possibilities?).

Thieves foiled in their plans, or just dipsticks? Does it matter?

I found the 'heifer whizz' idea to be particularly disturbing...but, touchin' on kiddies...okay, I can see that.

As I currently work in a well-known, dangerous city, I can vouch that jail/prison doesn't scare a lot of offenders. Imagine you grew up in a hovel in the middle of the projects, saw all sorts of trashy people do trashy things to each other, and had to keep your head down and hope or fight and scratch like an animal to get by. Hard to tell the difference...I'd say the only difference is the food's probably better and served more regularly in prison, and there are actually cops around a good bit of the time when you'd need one.

Imagine if they grew up with parents that give a crap about where they are, who they are with, and what they are doing. More than a few people have grown up with less than a little, and haven't resorted to peddling dope, gang membership/warfare, getting whatever they "need" from somebody else whether cheating them or stealing from them. The victims are the people who pay for their stuff and don't get to use it, not the ones who are stealing, poisoning, and killing. I guess I would decide to get the heck away from there, not see how good I could make it for myself by making it harder for someone else.

not true.

Don't forget underpaid you definattly get what u pay for. The ones that are smart enough to do the job are also smart enough to figure out they can make more money somewhere else

they are WAAAAAY overpaid here and are worse than worthless.

I've come to the conclusion that the major majority of cops are more useless tits on a bull.

Last edited:
Back