saw winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sizzle-Chest

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey, i came across a saw winch (Lewis style) with 3.5hp McCollough powerhead. Apparently everything is in good working order, does anyone have an idea what i should be paying for this??? i dont want to say the price so that people dont get thrown off, but i will tell after a few people give ideas. Thanks!

Well, a new Lewis model 400 will cost $796, and doesn't include the powerhead. So I guess it all depends on what sort of condition it is in, but that would be a starting point. Less that that would be a pretty good deal.

wow, i didnt realize they were that expensive. from the description the guy gave me, the winch is yellow (any idea what brand that would make it) but he described it just like what a lewis winch is. and the powerhead is only 3.5 hp, but i know nothing about Macs.

Last edited:
Are you sure of the model no it sounds like a Mac 35 not 3.5hp.

The Mac 35 is a pretty old saw now which used a 1/2" drive chain so if your going to fit a later power head watch the chain pitch on the winch.

Mc Bob.

wenches...

I bought a Lewis winch out of the Nickel(ad newspaper) for less than half price. Paint wasn't scratched, and only 20 ft. of cable showed use. I was a week or two late calling the guy and he wanted to LOWER THE PRICE cause no one bought it. I've pulled enough wood with this thing to build a few cabins, burn cords of firewood. Its my second helper, I work alone. I power it with my ole 041 sthil. I went to the place in Medford Oregon and talked to Mr. Lewis in person. Saw pictures from all around the world where this thing was being used. I usually do a double pull with a snatch block to make it easier on the saw/winch and have pulled cull doug fir, 4 1/2 ft dia. and 22' long outta the woods, uphill...never had to replace any parts but replaced the cable once, and I've had it over 10 yrs now. I'm more than satisfied...

Latest posts

Back