Sawdust in pool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be great. At this point I have about given up on getting paid anything but I would love to give my side of the story. You know, looking back I have decided the caretaker had it in for me from the start. He had some rag-tag bunch that he was using for tree work at that property but something or another happened to them and they went on somewhere else. He ask me why I thought we were more qualified to to take care of their tree needs and I told him well, I am a certified arborist with a degree in aboriculture. We carry contractors liability and workers comp. We have been in business for 23 years. He just scowled at me . I think he decided before we ever started "OK, Mr. certified arborist with the insurance you are so proud of. I'll show your azz". And I guess he did.

And they call me paranoid. But that is the sad truth. There is so much more than meets the eye in all these types of situations it takes a sicko to figure it out. That is where I come in:dizzy:
I just bid for this job at this organization. I can't talk to the head guys but just the henchman. He calls , leaves a message " You got the job ( cause I was the cheapest) but we have to talk".
Now mostly its been the labor of the local farmers and sturdy volunteers who have done the cutting back of the growth at this place but now they need someone to do these trees and be able to take the fall if it goes south... they need a pro, they can't handle it.
But they want so much from me, they promise " more work" if I comply. I add what the guy said and why he would say what he said = complete and utter BS.
I control the job, we control the job. That is why we are good. We say, they listen. That is because we know. If it can't be like that then its going to hurt you. You call Mr Don Nelson's caretaker, you say" I got 16 men and 4 bulldozers out there and that pool was supposed to be sewn up, we can't move and its costing me money and you are paying- what's up?" You don't do that and step out into traffic then it is yo falt.
But its not a bad fault, please, take it easy on yourself. Next time watch them G-dam caretakers, there is a reason they are taking care of everything.

Last edited:
Mckee, glad to help you anyway I can. I think your getting screwed royal on this and it sticks in my craw. Let me make some calls tomorrow and see what I can come up with. I'll PM you.

I agree the caretaker was notified and informed and I don't care how you look at it mckee should have been able to send his own pool man out to assess damage. It pizzes me off when these guys think they can withhold pay We have insurance for damage however this so-called damage should be pety change. I can't see damages taking the cost of this removal.

I agree the caretaker was notified and informed and I don't care how you look at it mckee should have been able to send his own pool man out to assess damage. It pizzes me off when these guys think they can withhold pay We have insurance for damage however this so-called damage should be pety change. I can't see damages taking the cost of this removal.

I agree. The caretaker is The F'er and Mctree is the F'ee and it sucks big time.

In the spring we removed a sycamore over a pool and instead of buying a 1,000 pool cover because of punky break out we removed the cover the homeowner rathered cleaning the pool than watching his pool cover get ruined by a stray dead branch , again it sounds like the caretaker :censored: you over, but maybe he was directed that way, rich people don't get rich by being fair...

In the spring we removed a sycamore over a pool and instead of buying a 1,000 pool cover because of punky break out we removed the cover the homeowner rathered cleaning the pool than watching his pool cover get ruined by a stray dead branch , again it sounds like the caretaker :censored: you over, but maybe he was directed that way, rich people don't get rich by being fair...

Hopefully one of these days I will have clients that are rich enough to own a pool; then I will be ready, after learning from all of you!:cheers:

I can smell there has to be more to this caretaker.

I wonder if he has a bonus payed if he stays under a certain operation budget every year? Not many people are this motivated to be ####heads if its other peoples money.

I'm afraid I don't understand this dynamic. If we break something, we fix it (or have it fixed) and we get paid. End of story. We control the situation, not some sleazeball. As others have suggested, I would lien the property.

A little tangental story.....the last 2 jobs we have been working next to pools in 95 degree and humid weather. The first one was covered for repairs we were clearing for to happen.

The second one, Fri., appeared to be one for the day where we could be in the pool on and off all day as a 75 foot stink tree, Ailanthus, fell square in the middle of it after deflecting of the house.

We noticed the cover was off the pool filter housing and when we looked inside we find a dead rat with maggots all over it. So what we essentially have now is a pool in the form of a giant cup of dead rat tea.

Nobody went in the pool and we were lucky to get the mini to drag it ashore in sections and cut pieces off and scoot them to the front to be loaded by the crane. A good shower was taken by all involved afterwards.
attachment.php

Mr. McKee high profile accounts are not always as great as they sound. I've had a similar situation that happened at Lake Athens. You live and you learn but I'm sure you've been in this situation more than once knowing the area that you work in. Just because someone has a lake house sometimes they think their #### don't stink.

Mr. McKee high profile accounts are not always as great as they sound. I've had a similar situation that happened at Lake Athens. You live and you learn but I'm sure you've been in this situation more than once knowing the area that you work in. Just because someone has a lake house sometimes they think their #### don't stink.

You are right some jobs are not worth trying to pursue. I have had a couple problem customers over the years but this guy is the biggest jerk I have ever dealt with.

mckeetree,

So, what are you going to do about this situation?

StihlRockin'

In the end....probably nothing. Complain some for a while and ultimately get beat out of the money. The guy that does the grounds says he is going to get in touch with the owner and go to bat for me big time and I will get paid. But I doubt it. If he tries to go farther than just not paying the bill my insurance would shut that down since that would be fraud.

In the end....probably nothing. Complain some for a while and ultimately get beat out of the money. The guy that does the grounds says he is going to get in touch with the owner and go to bat for me big time and I will get paid. But I doubt it. If he tries to go farther than just not paying the bill my insurance would shut that down since that would be fraud.

You are a champ mckee better attitude than I would have. One thing I know is what goes around comes around so his day is coming he will mess with the wrong Texan one of these days :cheers:

oh hell no, when i come down out of a tree the last dang thing I will put up with is a customer refusing to pay for a good job......I would kick his azz until I got paid....I may be getting old but I don't work free....and anyone that cops an attitude gets one right back.. but I'm not saying kick his#@$%@
it should not be very hard to get your money...

I can't say exactly what goes on in the courtroom:dizzy: sometimes its just a joke but it makes sense that if you upheld your end of a contract you should get paid... the judge might ask you why you still did the work when you saw the pool uncovered but I think the pool is a different subject.

I can't say exactly what goes on in the courtroom:dizzy: sometimes its just a joke but it makes sense that if you upheld your end of a contract you should get paid... the judge might ask you why you still did the work when you saw the pool uncovered but I think the pool is a different subject.

Yup different subject fer sure can't say what the caretaker was doing trying to steal my log chains and then jumping in that pool with them draped all over him, man them caretakers sure are silly :jawdrop:

Latest posts

Back