Sawdust in pool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mcktree, I put a call in to my friend but he is in West TX with his family until after the 4th. I will follow up with him though and see if I can get you a face to face with the owner. I wouldn't give up on it. I'm the type of guy that will spend $2000 to get my $1375 if someone tries to rip me off.

Mcktree, I put a call in to my friend but he is in West TX with his family until after the 4th. I will follow up with him though and see if I can get you a face to face with the owner. I wouldn't give up on it. I'm the type of guy that will spend $2000 to get my $1375 if someone tries to rip me off.

If I could just get a phone # that would work. Thanks.

Then it is time to make him as uncomfortable as possible! He is toying with you but I also think that if the job went perfect he would still try to find something wrong to keep from paying you. I would call his bluff and put it to him hard! Hope this turns out well for you but I think you will have to get your hands dirty. Kinda hard not to when dealing with slimeballs like this one.

why do so many people try to pass the buck, you got saw dust in the pool and it's your problem to get it out. I have several houses that I work at and they have pools and if I get anything in them I get it out with the net, it is just very un-professional to leave trash in a pool or any other place for that matter.

maybe you should of had him sign off that he would take care of the pool instead of telling him there would be a mess and he saying nothing.

Last edited:
why do so many people try to pass the buck, you got saw dust in the pool and it's your problem to get it out. I have several houses that I work at and they have pools and if I get anything in them I get it out with the net, it is just very un-professional to leave trash in a pool or any other place for that matter.

maybe you should of had him sign off that he would take care of the pool instead of telling him there would be a mess and he saying nothing.

You missed the part where mckee was going to send a pool man out to repair I guess:rolleyes: I don't think that is trying to pass the buck!

You could count on one hand the number of clients that have ripped me off in the forty years I have been in business and still have 2 fingers to spare. But I remember all 3 of them and have contemplated paybacks like tossing a gallon of paint through the front picture window with the top completely loosened.

One of them had me leaving their property between the dad and son who was holding a 2 by 4 and the mom saying "don't do it" while I walked through them with a large chain saw file sticking out of my hand just waiting for him to swing.

We eyeballed each other for a couple of years and then the dude just died from stress. Stress of being a rip off artist.

I have a couple of customers try to rip me off in the last 4 years. I operate mainly in my small upper middle class town so the cops and city knows me very well. The first one turned to be under federal tax evasion charges and the second one was in the middle of a divorce for taking pictures of his daughter's friends while they were staying over in the nude. In both cases, without knowing the character of these 2, I asked the city to file theft of services charges and in both cases they agreed to prosecute and in both the rip off customers paid the bill.

It is an unusual person that will have a lot of work done and feel they owe nothing because of a small glitch that could be rectified.

Last edited:
You could count on one hand the number of clients that have ripped me off in the forty years I have been in business and still have 2 fingers to spare. But I remember all 3 of them and have contemplated paybacks like tossing a gallon of paint through the front picture window with the top completely loosened.

One of them had me leaving their property between the dad and son who was holding a 2 by 4 and the mom saying "don't do it" while I walked through them with a large chain saw file sticking out of my hand just waiting for him to swing.

We eyeballed each other for a couple of years and then the dude just died from stress. Stress of being a rip off artist.

I have a couple of customers try to rip me off in the last 4 years. I operate mainly in my small upper middle class town so the cops and city knows me very well. The first one turned to be under federal tax evasion charges and the second one was in the middle of a divorce for taking pictures of his daughter's friends while they were staying over in the nude. In both cases, without knowing the character of these 2, I asked the city to file theft of services charges and in both cases they agreed to prosecute and in both the rip off customers paid the bill.

It is an unusual person that will have a lot of work done and feel they owe nothing because of a small glitch that could be rectified.

Treevet, you sound like the kind of men that I learned this business from. I'd like to meet you someday and shake your hand.

The ruined pool filter story is a crock of crap. I've owned a large, in-ground pool with a DE filter for over twenty years, now. Lots of stuff goes into the pool and the filter catches it in the strainer and pump cup. If you dumped a load of sawdust into the pool, and I mean a ton of the stuff, it might get into the impeller and jam the pump, but that is cleanable. If it made it to the filter elements and clogged them, a back-wash would solve the problem or, at worst, the filter would need to be opened and the filter elements hosed. Big deal. A pool guy should do the job for no more than $100-150, depending on the market you're in. If the job had a high-end charge, and you have much to gain over the pool filter cleaning fee, I would definitely tell the :censored: that you are going to take legal action to recover the balance due after the pool is back in shape. Make sure you get a copy of any bills that are involved with the same. It is your right to fix any problem you are alleged to have caused, so don't let this weasel slip a couple of bucks to his pool guy buddy for an inflated bill. Bring in your own pool guy. Again, you absolutely have that right. If it is denied you, that will not look good for the :censored: in court, and you should recover.

The ruined pool filter story is a crock of crap. I've owned a large, in-ground pool with a DE filter for over twenty years, now. Lots of stuff goes into the pool and the filter catches it in the strainer and pump cup. If you dumped a load of sawdust into the pool, and I mean a ton of the stuff, it might get into the impeller and jam the pump, but that is cleanable. If it made it to the filter elements and clogged them, a back-wash would solve the problem or, at worst, the filter would need to be opened and the filter elements hosed. Big deal. A pool guy should do the job for no more than $100-150, depending on the market you're in. If the job had a high-end charge, and you have much to gain over the pool filter cleaning fee, I would definitely tell the :censored: that you are going to take legal action to recover the balance due after the pool is back in shape. Make sure you get a copy of any bills that are involved with the same. It is your right to fix any problem you are alleged to have caused, so don't let this weasel slip a couple of bucks to his pool guy buddy for an inflated bill. Bring in your own pool guy. Again, you absolutely have that right. If it is denied you, that will not look good for the :censored: in court, and you should recover.

I like what you are saying and I agree with you but this whole ordeal with the pool is just wearing me down. I have been so fortunate over the years to have been beaten out of very little money. And I have been in business 23 years. Maybe it is just my turn. BTW, I read where that They Might Be Monkeys bunch got accredited. One guy looked like he had a tattooded on beard or something. I know that is your neck of the woods and wondered whats up with that.

I like what you are saying and I agree with you but this whole ordeal with the pool is just wearing me down. I have been so fortunate over the years to have been beaten out of very little money. And I have been in business 23 years. Maybe it is just my turn. BTW, I read where that They Might Be Monkeys bunch got accredited. One guy looked like he had a tattooded on beard or something. I know that is your neck of the woods and wondered whats up with that.

Nevic is a good guy and very active in TX-ISA and ISA functions, where he serves in organizational and managerial capacities. He has a Maori-style chin tattoo and stretched lobes. I liked his honesty in the article where he says that the TCIA accreditation is unlikely to help get him more business, down here, but that it helped him get more organized, office-wise. He has posted in here, before. I believe it was in reference to some specific TX-ISA function that was coming up.

Nevic is a good guy and very active in TX-ISA and ISA functions, where he serves in organizational and managerial capacities. He has a Maori-style chin tattoo and stretched lobes. I liked his honesty in the article where he says that the TCIA accreditation is unlikely to help get him more business, down here, but that it helped him get more organized, office-wise. He has posted in here, before. I believe it was in reference to some specific TX-ISA function that was coming up.

Well I don't hold having a Maori-style chin tattoo against anyone even though I don't know what that is. My foreman saw it in the picture and said "Look at this guy, he has grease or something all over his chin. I said "No way. Nobody would get their picture taken for a mag photo with grease all over their chin." He said "Well, if it's not grease, it's chicken mess." Glad we both got straight on that one.

$1,375.00
Are you nuts 1300 hundred dollars and your all willy nilly about it , thats BS you need to pull your head out of the clouds and go get your money , I'm still chasing this woman from 5yrs ago for 1200 and I've now added interest to that number so I'll wait til she sells her house and probably wind up with twice the original number. Good luck ....

Are you nuts 1300 hundred dollars and your all willy nilly about it , thats BS you need to pull your head out of the clouds and go get your money , I'm still chasing this woman from 5yrs ago for 1200 and I've now added interest to that number so I'll wait til she sells her house and probably wind up with twice the original number. Good luck ....

I agree, are you sure you meant clouds?:monkey: In all fairness mckee prolly makes too much to take the time to collect may cost him more in time spent messing with the legal process!

I agree, are you sure you meant clouds?:monkey: In all fairness mckee prolly makes too much to take the time to collect may cost him more in time spent messing with the legal process!

I would file a lien on the property but as far as the small claims courts go I don't want to fool with all that. About 15 years ago we had a lady that was trying to stiff us for $750.00 and I went the JP court route deal. What a fiasco that was. JP ruled in our favor but no money. Still haven't got it. On the other hand this is a high profile client so things could turn out different from the fact they might not want to fool with it and pay up.

I would file a lien on the property but as far as the small claims courts go I don't want to fool with all that. About 15 years ago we had a lady that was trying to stiff us for $750.00 and I went the JP court route deal. What a fiasco that was. JP ruled in our favor but no money. Still haven't got it. On the other hand this is a high profile client so things could turn out different from the fact they might not want to fool with it and pay up.

I agree courts suck unless your a lawyer do the lien then maybe the owner will know what his caretaker is doing behind his back.

I know a couple Italian guys from down the street that will get your money for ya, for a small cut. But then you will owe them a favor.

crap I watch too much TV

Latest posts

Back