sawguys on trading post----reputable seller???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlarge54

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Not have much luck dealing with the guy and he's a short time member? Hasn't logged in since Sept 1st.

Been waiting on parts---payment sent July 25th. Only getting wish washy answers and NO PARTS. Never any tracking info, only vague references about shipping.

Am I alone in this?

Hello Van
Sorry to hear about this. I have noticed a few new guys on here selling parts and saws as soon as they join. Makes me worry.
It was only $24 and not a big deal-----just not the way things should go around here.
Just don't need other long timers getting "clipped".
I knew going into this he was a short timer.

Caveat Emptor

I'm a new member and I have sold a couple things and bought a decent amount, anything I sell I have been pricing well under value so not to upset anyone if they are not 100% happy for some reason also been sure to respond quickly and be totally honest about everything, I have come to know a few people on here and earned a wealth of knowledge and I hope to stick around

Do you have an email or phone number for him or did you communicate through PM's on here? Also did you pay via PayPal or other source?

If you don't have contact information besides PM then maybe drop @Mrs. ArboristSite a PM as she will have access to send them an email.

I see he blocked his user profile from view...maybe he's been on recently?

I got what I paid for and then some. He sent me somebody else's parts as well. He sent me a prepaid shipping label and asked me to send them on...even wanted to compensate me for my time/honesty.

Anyhow, my experience was positive. I think he is busy like the rest of us. Have faith that he will make right on your deal.

I got what I paid for and then some. He sent me somebody else's parts as well. He sent me a prepaid shipping label and asked me to send them on...even wanted to compensate me for my time/honesty.

Anyhow, my experience was positive. I think he is busy like the rest of us. Have faith that he will make right on your deal.
I haven't ruled out the possibility that he "bit off more than he can chew".

Do you have an email or phone number for him or did you communicate through PM's on here? Also did you pay via PayPal or other source?

If you don't have contact information besides PM then maybe drop @Mrs. ArboristSite a PM as she will have access to send them an email.

I see he blocked his user profile from view...maybe he's been on recently?
Postal money order and only a mailing address.

I'm a new member and I have sold a couple things and bought a decent amount, anything I sell I have been pricing well under value so not to upset anyone if they are not 100% happy for some reason also been sure to respond quickly and be totally honest about everything, I have come to know a few people on here and earned a wealth of knowledge and I hope to stick around

If you carry on in his way you will have NO problems. It's the non shippers, badly or falsely described, no reply's to communications, after they have your goods/cash that are the problem, at some time everyone can possibly have a "glitch" but if they are up front & at least correspond it saves all the bad feeling on the part of the recipient.

Postal money order and only a mailing address.
Well you do have the advantage of him committing mail fraud if he uses your money order and doesn't fulfill his end of the deal.

Drop me a PM if you want and I can help you do some reverse searches of his address to see if we can find you a phone number.

Well you do have the advantage of him committing mail fraud if he uses your money order and doesn't fulfill his end of the deal.

Drop me a PM if you want and I can help you do some reverse searches of his address to see if we can find you a phone number.
Professional sleuthing by svk, that's awesome

My comment certainly wasn't directed at all new members, if you took it that way I apologize.

My comment certainly wasn't directed at all new members, if you took it that way I apologize.
no I didn't take it that way and if I had I've got broad shoulders I can take it, I just was saying how I've been trying to work my way into being a regular member

With technology being what it is...NOBODY is too busy to write an email or a text at some point. And being honest goes a long way. If you are busy tell someone especially if you already have their money.

I actually asked this guy about some parts and never heard back....scratch this one off the list.

Also, you sent money 7/25 and its 9/15??? It takes all of 10 minutes to wrap up parts and put them in a box, a few minutes to create a shipping label and schedule a pickup at your door.

Also, you sent money 7/25 and its 9/15??? It takes all of 10 minutes to wrap up parts and put them in a box, a few minutes to create a shipping label and schedule a pickup at your door.
Yes, I believe "Elvis has left the building".

I'd be surprised to see him return. I'm just glad it wasn't serious money. It appears I'm alone in the fail to deliver, which is a good thing.

Back