Score or not?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LumberJack1940

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey everybody, back in my 385xp thread I mentioned this saw. I acquired it for tuning my buddy's little brothers 031av. Brought it to me saying put a kit in it and all it needed was adjustments. As payment I got this Mac EB 3.7 with a 24" hardnose. all I had to do was make a new kill wire, fix the recoil spring, new pull rope, gap the plug, gap the coil (was rubbing badly on the flywheel), clean the oiler pickup screen, and do some plastic repair and tap new threads for the recoil and now have a strong running saw. Accidentally dropped it off the bench and broke a piece off and jb welded it. The p/c appear to be almost new
e8arava9.jpg
y8uje7em.jpg
ra7ebutu.jpg
6anuqemu.jpg
ezehupum.jpg
eraryhen.jpg

If it starts reliably, runs well and cuts wood, you made out fine. A 24 in bar and chain are over $50 new, so if they are in good shape, you made out fine.

If it starts reliably, runs well and cuts wood, you made out fine. A 24 in bar and chain are over $50 new, so if they are in good shape, you made out fine.
Yep it starts reliably, runs good, and cuts pretty well and the bar hasn't been used much just some surface rust. The chain is used but will get a few sharpenings before replacement.

Back