Scored.........a $40 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokerider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this 090 from a local saw shop mechanic today. A customer brought it in wanting it *restored* to working condition, but buddy talked him out of it, said the old saw wasn't worth it.......... Then I happened across it.......offered 50 but buddy says "no" that's too much, how about 40? Needless to say, it's now cluttering up my shop. He told me it was an 070 [ as per the top cover ], but no way, upon looking at it, it's an 090 with an 070 cover.

The case has been cracked and welded, same for the rear handle mount, compression isn't great but the piston at the exhaust port looks pretty good [ maybe a leaking decomp valve ? ] but it's 99 percent complete, so I guess I didn't do too poorly, lol.

Lots of common items between the 070 and 090. Some of the major differences are the top handle (additional bracing on 090), the clutch is heavier duty on the 090, the recoil starter looks different (shorter slots than the 070) and the cylinder on the 090 has the decomp valve in a different place than the 070 does. So you have to go with the preponderance of evidence as most of these are bolt on changes.
Nice score by the way.

It's an 090.........6 shoe clutch etc......

Apparently, guys drop saws and other power equipment off wanting it repaired and end up leaving there at the shop [ by choice ]. They have no further use for it in it's broken condition after finding out the cost of said repairs, leave it behind them.

Not everyone sees the *value* in broken saws.........lucky for me.

It's an 090.........6 shoe clutch etc......

Apparently, guys drop saws and other power equipment off wanting it repaired and end up leaving there at the shop [ by choice ]. They have no further use for it in it's broken condition after finding out the cost of said repairs, leave it behind them.

Not everyone sees the *value* in broken saws.........lucky for me.
Looks like you won the bonus round for sure!!!!

I hate you!
I bought this 090 from a local saw shop mechanic today. A customer brought it in wanting it *restored* to working condition, but buddy talked him out of it, said the old saw wasn't worth it.......... Then I happened across it.......offered 50 but buddy says "no" that's too much, how about 40? Needless to say, it's now cluttering up my shop. He told me it was an 070 [ as per the top cover ], but no way, upon looking at it, it's an 090 with an 070 cover.

The case has been cracked and welded, same for the rear handle mount, compression isn't great but the piston at the exhaust port looks pretty good [ maybe a leaking decomp valve ? ] but it's 99 percent complete, so I guess I didn't do too poorly, lol.

I've spent alot more to get alot less. You suck!

you might suck but it is gonna suck to be you when you got to buy parts.

Ouch!

Did I mention the 090 bar I got from a different guy yesterday?
He had bought a 090G from a govt auction that came with three 47" bars, all .404". You know the type I mean, the kind that the 090's came with back in the day, the ones with the round wheel at the nose [ I don't know the brand, sorry ] . Anyway, all were brand new, never used, but all had surface rust from age / humidity. I bought one of them for $60. Not a screamin' good deal, but not an ebay-bend-over-deal either.

Find out who turned that 090 in and get the bars from them.
9UKFND

Latest posts

Back