Scored an Echo 355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you run the 271 before by chance? I had an old CS300 ( Grey body that I sold a few years ago and I wish I wouldn't have). This will be its replacement and I don't plan to sell it LOL

Have you run the 271 before by chance? I had an old CS300 ( Grey body that I sold a few years ago and I wish I wouldn't have). This will be its replacement and I don't plan to sell it LOL

not yet i still have one of my cs 3000 saws left dam dependable lil saws... the cs330t has more rpm but not the throttle response of the lil cs 3000....i am hoping the cs 355t has power and throttle response... would love to try a 271t... heard lots of good reviews on them but never run one....

I got mine for around 300 with shipping 14 inch bar chain tags still on it never used piston was good yea i know it was new but i still check LOL....It has much better throttle response then my 330t......and feels close to the weight.... the cs 3000 was lighter but even with a very modded muffler this one cuts better out of the box not even broke in....

I got mine for around 300 with shipping 14 inch bar chain tags still on it never used piston was good yea i know it was new but i still check LOL....It has much better throttle response then my 330t......and feels close to the weight.... the cs 3000 was lighter but even with a very modded muffler this one cuts better out of the box not even broke in....
Now all you have to do is figure out why Echo decided not to use the same heavy duty lanyard clip (hook) on the back that the 330T has. Instead they made it too flimsy for the 355T, thus copying the one on the Stihl 201T. Several of these have showed up in my shop completely torn off. Even my vintage Echo 34oo has a much stronger one. I call this new technology moving backwards.

Let me preface this by saying I'm a total fan of the cs-3000 series of saws, got a pile of em running and non, and they're not going anywhere.

That said, a 355 pulls like a freight train compared to the old ones. It's really on another level if you're burying the bar and want to do it in a timely fashion. The 3000's will pull bar length but don't pull out the stop watch.

I've honestly never used the series in between, seems like they take the most flack. The old series had the reliability and the low weight, the new ones have the speed.

Ran the 355 this past weekend...it's a beast! First cuts were trimming a buddy's apple tree that suffered storm damage, then he said "hey I got some logs the tree guys left behind when they removed a dead oak tree, can we cut those up for my fire pit?" That was a good test for it 8-10" diameter and ate thru it at an impressive speed! Hate to say it but I'll probably be reaching for it way more than my 16" redmax gz380 unless I have something big to cut up.

Hard to believe that the 355T has better throttle response than a 33oT. I have both, so I better try running them side-by-side, one-on-one. Thumbs up regardless because I bought the 330T new four or five years ago for the price of my used 355T. In the past two years, the price of these top handle saws has gone through the roof -- spearheaded by Stihl, of course.

You guys and your Echo 355's. I never would put light weight and power in the same sentence when saying the word Echo. :ices_rofl:

But I had to find out for myself and snagged a deal on one last week. From what little I have ran it, maybe half a tank, I have to say I'm a little impressed. I wanted to get the 16" but sometime ago Echo decided they wanted to be different and follow Sthil in having there own odd drive link counts for themselves so I opted for the 14" for now which still uses a standard 52 dl chain. I will probably give the new 16" Oregon microlite bar and .043 chain a try on it.

I have access to a 200T and a 201T so sometime I'll see if it stacks up as close as some around here say they do. 100_1034 (Custom).JPG

i like it with the 14 inch.... its not a poulan s25da but i like this one alot so far....i will be curious how it pulls that narrow chain....its nice to have that extra reach around a palm tree....

Hard to believe that the 355T has better throttle response than a 33oT. I have both, so I better try running them side-by-side, one-on-one. Thumbs up regardless because I bought the 330T new four or five years ago for the price of my used 355T. In the past two years, the price of these top handle saws has gone through the roof -- spearheaded by Stihl, of course.
i have both and i like how it has so much better throttle response .... i like to blip it at the end of my cuts to lay it down and the cs 330 would always over spool and cut through....my cs 3000 i could control but lacked what the cs 355 has... so far im loving it....i will try them both and see if i can get my girl to film it....

You guys and your Echo 355's. I never would put light weight and power in the same sentence when saying the word Echo. :ices_rofl:

But I had to find out for myself and snagged a deal on one last week. From what little I have ran it, maybe half a tank, I have to say I'm a little impressed. I wanted to get the 16" but sometime ago Echo decided they wanted to be different and follow Sthil in having there own odd drive link counts for themselves so I opted for the 14" for now which still uses a standard 52 dl chain. I will probably give the new 16" Oregon microlite bar and .043 chain a try on it.

I have access to a 200T and a 201T so sometime I'll see if it stacks up as close as some around here say they do. View attachment 605130

i will be looking forward to your tests....as for me i like it alot so far....see how it holds up....not 30 years im sure LOl

i like it with the 14 inch.... its not a poulan s25da but i like this one alot so far....i will be curious how it pulls that narrow chain....its nice to have that extra reach around a palm tree....
Poulan S25DA; that was my first chainsaw back in 1977. That was a nice saw too. At one point I had three of them.

Poulan S25DA; that was my first chainsaw back in 1977. That was a nice saw too. At one point I had three of them.
yea i have about 12 one of my fave saws.... parts are getting hard to find.....but any saw that can still eat wood after 30 years was built right....i cn replace the echo parts easy so i use them in weekly work....i use a few micros... but the s25da when working right is a lil beast......I have never used a stihl ms 200 or a 201 but im pretty happy at 300 0ut the door for this new saw.....

Latest posts

Back