Scored an Echo 355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, and it still runs very well. No one believes that it's about 30 years old. Heck, it might be older than that, but nobody told the saw that. She's keeping her age a secret. Takes a few choke pulls to get her started cold. After that, it's always a non-choke single pull when up in the tree.

here is one i put together its one of my beaters....

Attachments

• 21687949_10211214456380709_6591400687653375163_n.jpg
    21687949_10211214456380709_6591400687653375163_n.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 10
yea i have about 12 one of my fave saws.... parts are getting hard to find.....but any saw that can still eat wood after 30 years was built right....i cn replace the echo parts easy so i use them in weekly work....i use a few micros... but the s25da when working right is a lil beast......I have never used a stihl ms 200 or a 201 but im pretty happy at 300 0ut the door for this new saw.....
The original 25 saw was introduced in 1970. Do the math LOL We'll see how many new saws will last that long.

The original 25 saw was introduced in 1970. Do the math LOL We'll see how many new saws will last that long.
my bad..... so 37 years on the yellow plain jane with manual oiler and a stack muffler... i have 2 of those....

i just sold last of my echo cs 3000 saws at least 10 to 15 years old still running well... i am a fantic i clean my saws and keep filter clean and chains sharp....but yes the old poulans were made so well they stopped making parts LOL

the bar has been wire brushed and oiled to shine... and saw cleaned....

Well, I guess we stole this thread from the original thread title. Regardless, these ageless XXV top handle saws simply amaze me at their longevity. They also have surprising power. Carb adjustments meant taking off that top cover, but once set, they seemed to hold on forever. I loaned mine last summer to a friendly tree trimming company foreman and installed a 16" bar on it. He never returned it, so I suspect I better get it back. Maybe I can trade him a running Poulan Wild Thing for it. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Well, I guess we stole this thread from the original thread title. Regardless, these ageless XXV top handle saws simply amaze me at their longevity. They also have surprising power. Carb adjustments meant taking off that top cover, but once set, they seemed to hold on forever. I loaned mine last summer to a friendly tree trimming company foreman and installed a 16" bar on it. He never returned it, so I suspect I better get it back. Maybe I can trade him a running Poulan Wild Thing for it. :rolleyes: :laugh:
I've got a couple I purchased from a member on here, winter project to make a good saw out of them :)

Latest posts

Back