• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Scored/Ruined Stihl 070 or 090 cylinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NewToStihl
Okay, I realize this is an odd one, but I'm looking for a ruined Stihl 1106 series cylinder. Doesn't matter if it's the 58mm or 66mm. I don't care how badly scored it is or what condition the interior is in. All I need is for it to be acceptable for mounting to a saw case and for the muffler and shroud mounting holes to be intact.

Let me know what you have an how much you want for it shipped to zip code 46112. I don't have a ton of spare parts laying around, but if there's something for a Stihl you're needing I might be able to rustle up a trade.

PM me or post here if you have something that meets my stringent criteria.

Thanks!

NewToStihl
Just buy a Chinese one. It will be cheaper in the end

I definitely appreciate the suggestion Bill, but I would never buy a new Chinese aftermarket part. No offense to you or anyone else, just my opinion. To each his own.

And before anyone gets the impression that I'm interested in yet another debate about aftermarket quality, it has nothing to do with quality. I go out of my way in every aspect of my life to avoid Chinese goods, and furthermore go to great lengths to limit new item purchases made anywhere outside of the United States.

That said, if anyone has a used/ruined aftermarket 1106 cylinder I would be interested in that!

NewToStihl
I have a usable 070 cylinder & piston you can have for the postage cost..... Note my location!

Out of morbid curiosity, what would the cost be? Not sure the specific state would make a difference, but I'm in Indiana, zip code 46112. Or, I'd be happy to look into it - what shipping method do you Aussie's use when sending items up here?

NewToStihl
I'm not really looking for a usable top end (already have a good spare 070 p/c), I was just curious what it would cost to get that one from Scallywag - I'm thinking shipping would be $40 or less . . . of course I've shipped to Australia, but never from.

What I'm really looking for is a bad cylinder . . . and I'm looking to spend closer to $9 than $90....

Bill G

Bill G

ArboristSite King
I definitely appreciate the suggestion Bill, but I would never buy a new Chinese aftermarket part. No offense to you or anyone else, just my opinion. To each his own.

And before anyone gets the impression that I'm interested in yet another debate about aftermarket quality, it has nothing to do with quality. I go out of my way in every aspect of my life to avoid Chinese goods, and furthermore go to great lengths to limit new item purchases made anywhere outside of the United States.

That said, if anyone has a used/ruined aftermarket 1106 cylinder I would be interested in that!

I thought you said it was for a static display never to be made to run. I guess I was wrong.

Personally I would prefer to give the chinese a few bucks to allow thier part to sit on the shelf rather than take a cylinder out of someone else's hands that US Chrome can reline. If you ever want to debate keeping money in the US economy I am always game.

NewToStihl
I thought you said it was for a static display never to be made to run. I guess I was wrong.

Personally I would prefer to give the chinese a few bucks to allow thier part to sit on the shelf rather than take a cylinder out of someone else's hands that US Chrome can reline. If you ever want to debate keeping money in the US economy I am always game.

For starters, I didn't say my reasoning was based on the US economy. Also, let me remind you this the Tradin' Post, so if you think I'm looking to debate you're mistaken.

Please keep posts relevant to the thread. What I'm seeking is clear and if you don't have what I'm looking for please move along.

Latest posts