Scrench Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I got an Ms 260 from my father and he also gave me a scrench.
I’m just wondering if anyone else has such a short stubby scrench from Stihl that has a flat head screwdriver that’s too big to fit into the side chain tensioner?

He believes it’s from Stihl, but it’s over 20 years old so his memory could be iffy.

It would seem strange stihl would give a scrench with a saw where the flathead is too big to fit...3B6C5476-6E30-4625-8C63-E45C4A677235.jpeg

Hmm both have a very thin flat head, mine has a very wide one. I’d imagine having worked as stihl (mechanic?) you’d have seen one if it was. I presume dad was given it. I’ll grind down the sides of the screw drivers and put it to use as I have just lost my other. Cheers Harley!

My 026 came with one of these from Stihl

853aed5b08f1a035f1c8e2a1fe24a826.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That looks more like an Echo one to me.
What size it the smaller socket? 10mm or 13mm?

The screnches I've gotten from Echo have the normal length screwdriver on them with it centered on the socket body, not the offset shorty that Tom posted.

The only Echo scrench that I have that is any different is the one that came with my PPF-280 power pruner. It has a 10mm socket end on it instead of the usual 13mm since the sprocket cover on the pruner uses smaller nuts than what is on a normal chainsaw.

Maybe I do have to much time on my hands Tom but I did 6 years for my country, 30 years for the state and 14 years for service to the county. I have earned my down time buddy.
Here is some screnches I have acquired over the years. He who dies with the most screnches wins. Am I in the running?screnches.jpg

Hi chaps,

I got an Ms 260 from my father and he also gave me a scrench.
I’m just wondering if anyone else has such a short stubby scrench from Stihl that has a flat head screwdriver that’s too big to fit into the side chain tensioner?

He believes it’s from Stihl, but it’s over 20 years old so his memory could be iffy.

It would seem strange stihl would give a scrench with a saw where the flathead is too big to fit...View attachment 852492

I found the scwench included with my 261 was a little big for accessing the oil adjuster. So i just have another smaller screw driver that i keep in my dual can. I don't think that shorty is what actually came with your particular saw.

Maybe I do have to much time on my hands Tom but I did 6 years for my country, 30 years for the state and 14 years for service to the county. I have earned my down time buddy.
Here is some screnches I have acquired over the years. He who dies with the most screnches wins. Am I in the running?View attachment 852560
97CC9AD2-7AED-40D8-8DB9-3D8321045C60.jpeg
A2774CC0-3745-4977-9AD0-959D7390A049.gif

Back