Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
happy independance day scroungers .hope ya'll have a good one.
200.webp

200w.webp

Apple is preferred but not available around here. Pecan and hickory are the big 2 with an occasional cherry if you are lucky.
I have plenty of cherry around here, bring me a little pecan and we can do some trading :).
Here's a couple pieces in the pile still, I think lol.

happy independance day scroungers .hope ya'll have a good one.
200.webp

200w.webp
I found out in the last year I'm a son of the American revolution.
We knew that you were a son of something. . . !

I sincerely hope, that with the current political divides, that that was the last
American revolution!

Philbert

We knew that you were a son of something. . . !

I sincerely hope, that with the current political divides, that that was the last
American revolution!

Philbert
Well I had great grandfathers that fought (and survived) on both sides of the second American revolution as well.

I think if the other candidate had prevailed in November we'd be approaching the third one. But since those calling for revolution now do not own guns, I'd say we are safe :D:innocent:

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Independence Day!

I found out in the last year I'm a son of the American revolution. Hopefully by next year I'll officially be an official member. The proving process is arduous although I believe I have located my 6x great grandfather's service record.

View attachment 588911
I never thought about, but my Dad's family settled in MD in 1721, and we have records of them living in Louisiana in 1669. The stone house is still lived in, not by family though. I'll have to pull out the family tree. I know one of my Dad's great uncles was a US Marshall in Baltimore during the Pratt street riots, Joe.

What we lack in guns we make for with hot women in bikinis :numberone: .
You must be looking at some posters/calendars about this time of the yr, little cold for bikinis lol.
Just as I told @Stihl working hard , anytime you need us I'll be there to help, and I'll bring what I got to help :happybanana:.

Today's scrounge went well. quick trip to get some 8' wood. I wish I had a better idea on how to get 8' logs out of the bed of my truck . Skid tongs on a chain make for a long day unloading loads. Tomorrow I need to get back to splitting it all upView attachment 588355
I use a piece of bull rope tied to the back of my trailer, then put it through a pulley on a tree, then back to the log. All you have to do is pull forward and the log comes off. I do the same thing with the skidding winch on my tractor when in tight quarters so I don't have to get in and out of the truck. I can see what's going on better with the tractor as I'm standing right there and then I just push them over to the side a little so they don't jam up. You can also stack them up if you have a solid tree that is tall enough where you want to pile them.

Back