Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost 'My' scrap guy. He used to cruise down the alleys in a beat up, red truck. I would give him my scrap metal, and he would occasionally hook me up with chainsaws that others tossed out.

Stopped by his house, and his yard was 'too clean'! 'For Sale' sign out front. Real estate agent gave me the bad news.

Retired police officer and Ford plant worker. 78(?) years old. R.I.P. Mr Brown.

Philbert

Lost 'My' scrap guy. He used to cruise down the alleys in a beat up, red truck. I would give him my scrap metal, and he would occasionally hook me up with chainsaws that others tossed out.

Stopped by his house, and his yard was 'too clean'! 'For Sale' sign out front. Real estate agent gave me the bad news.

Retired police officer and Ford plant worker. 78(?) years old. R.I.P. Mr Brown.

Philbert
Sorry to hear that. Sounded like a swell guy.

What's this @bear1998 maid......now you did it....395 is gettin ported...:chainsaw:
You probably have some round files and a belt sander do it your self :eek:.

You goin back for more ?
That was it. Someone took all the small stuff. Not the first time I've cleaned up after someone that didn' have enough saw or work ethic to deal with the big stuff.

I'm thinking so too, actually after watching a video on youtube I'm rather positive that's what it is. Guess I just thought there would be berries being a mulberry tree.
The big one @farmer steve helped me with had no berries. Maybe past a certain age they don' produce anymore.

The big one @farmer steve helped me with had no berries. Maybe past a certain age they don' produce anymore.
I've seen really big old Mulberries fruit, but the birds can pick them clean in a week. Seems like everyone I've ever parked under had fruit, but then I like white cars too.

I've seen really big old Mulberries fruit, but the birds can pick them clean in a week. Seems like everyone I've ever parked under had fruit, but then I like white cars too.
The one Steve helped me with was blown over for 2 years probably. It was still growing laying on the ground. I guess enough of the roots were still in the ground. Grew leaves but no berries for the 2 years it laid there.

The small one I have over our chicken coop produces an unbelievable amount of berries. I trimmed it quite a bit a few weeks ago so we'll see how it reacts this year.

The one Steve helped me with was blown over for 2 years probably. It was still growing laying on the ground. I guess enough of the roots were still in the ground. Grew leaves but no berries for the 2 years it laid there.
Mulberry is one of the hardest trees to kill. Cut it off clean at the ground and the thing will just start over.

Hey guys, just wanted to check in. Been working like a mad man at my cabin. Have my large shed, half of the pole building, and my little garage (short of the work bench tops) cleaned/organized. About 6 pickup loads worth of stuff has been either thrown out or given away. Still have my small tool shed and half of the pole building to clean although the vast majority of the stuff in the pole building has already been dealt with. Also have a ton of stuff to get done over the next three weeks before our first guests arrive (we rent the cabin during peak summer tourist season) but I am getting a lot of projects done that I have been putting off for a solid decade.

Have my new to me Husky 61 that will be going on the work bench to get a muffler mod and timing advance as soon as I can get a portion of it cleaned off. Not sure when I will be able to start cutting wood but hope by mid May. We still have ice on the lake and scattered flurries this morning so spring is in no hurry to arrive

Hey guys, just wanted to check in. Been working like a mad man at my cabin. Have my large shed, half of the pole building, and my little garage (short of the work bench tops) cleaned/organized. About 6 pickup loads worth of stuff has been either thrown out or given away. Still have my small tool shed and half of the pole building to clean although the vast majority of the stuff in the pole building has already been dealt with. Also have a ton of stuff to get done over the next three weeks before our first guests arrive (we rent the cabin during peak summer tourist season) but I am getting a lot of projects done that I have been putting off for a solid decade.

Have my new to me Husky 61 that will be going on the work bench to get a muffler mod and timing advance as soon as I can get a portion of it cleaned off. Not sure when I will be able to start cutting wood but hope by mid May. We still have ice on the lake and scattered flurries this morning so spring is in no hurry to arrive
Nothing like a little Lake Ice to chill a beer.

Back