Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just mulch them along with any sticks an inch or less.
I ran them over, but exmarks aren't designed to mulch, they cut the grass, then pass it from one blade to the next and send it sailing. I've tried various blades and they all do about the same, although the gator blades do a bit better with leaves than most, I just run the high lift ones anymore.
We did pick up the sticks all the big sticks, I don't do that to my blades, I sharpen them enough as it is :yes:.

Well my mother is back in the hospital for the third successive surgery in two weeks to clean out infection after her initial hip surgery. If this one doesn't clear things up, they are going to need to completely replace the first replacement hip. I do not know why she will not heal but since my aunt is her POA I am letting them deal with those decisions. As I have mentioned before we do not have the best relationship but I feel terrible that she is in pain and with no real answer as to why.

I've seen a few of these. Infection in a replaced joint is often difficult to shift. If the washout doesn't clear it they may well need to remove the prosthesis and put a spacer in there for 6-8 weeks +/- IV antibiotics as well. The spacer is covered with antibiotic cement that gradually dissolves and provides constant internal antibiotic action. Not nice since during that time you're essentially confined to bed/wheelchair, and of course, at the end of all that you have to have the replacement redone again. I hope it clears up this time around.

IMG_20180413_183707.jpg
I think that's @SeMoTony , now I know why his trans went out :laugh:.
As a matter of fact it looks like he might be in front of a house in @unclemoustache neck of the woods, probably helping him with a job:laughing:.
Naw Unc is ahunnert miles or more. @chipper1 that belongs to MODOT! Occasionally they send a brush hog that stays away from the actual property line. It is advertising. Peeps see the slices or large cookies and some stop to shop. A lot of traffic goes by.
Having looked at the pic, I know it's not mine. Color and year are wrong. Besides that log is too small of diameter to get me fired up. 42" bar 38" max diameter log. The sprocket is drilled at center, so the d&t'd aluminum bar snugs down well. That pic was fifteen days ago

Sorry for your loss. The pic was for another post. Since it' here we thought Diesels hips were going bad last year. He's Pit/Canecorso cross with game drive for days. Took off across the field last summer after a groundhog and it looked like his back legs just stopped working. Vets couldn' find anything wrong he walked with a severe limp for weeks. We still don't know what happened.
Did they check for a thyroid condition. My Bernese had both rear legs go paralyzed on her, turned out to be thyroid disorder.

Now don't no one be havin a heart attach or nothin, it wasn't planned, but at the moment ... I own two Huskys. One seems to be a good runner (don't have a B+C for it), and one is parts in a box.

So, I ended up with two 576s for a price I could not pass up, and a brand New bar + chain that turns out to be a Stihl mount 20" ES with RS chain (that I can use). (No wonder they couldn't get it to work). Toyed with fixin the non runner, then decided it would be better to find someone who knows Huskys. I got enough other stuff to work on!

Now don't no one be havin a heart attach or nothin, it wasn't planned, but at the moment ... I own two Huskys. One seems to be a good runner (don't have a B+C for it), and one is parts in a box.

So, I ended up with two 576s for a price I could not pass up, and a brand New bar + chain that turns out to be a Stihl mount 20" ES with RS chain (that I can use). (No wonder they couldn't get it to work). Toyed with fixin the non runner, then decided it would be better to find someone who knows Huskys. I got enough other stuff to work on!
Bout time, I'm sure @farmer steve has a hoodie you can wear when your running it lol.
Just get a bar adapter and you can run all your stihl bars on it, only need to keep the 3003 mounts around :happy:.
Did you run it yet, smoooooooth, go husky :sweet:.
Edit;:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

We won’t worry unless you start tossing them in the trunk of a Camaro!

:laughing:
Huskys, their a slippery slope :lol:.
17b.jpg

I know, right? These blokes just don't English good.

We've edged into shoulder season now. Nice during the day but cool enough in the evenings and some mornings that some scrounged peppermint and manna gum uglies have gone into the heater.

Don't worry Mike, I won't tell anyone about your "H" saws if you don't tell anyone I bought two Big Bright Yellow Macs. One 99CC Mac 550 runner and an 80CC Mac 15, for $35 each. Sitting on the shelf with all of the Red Homelites, you don't even notice them.:)

Latest posts

Back