Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I'm considering selling my MS310. It doesn't really have a role now and since it sat on the shelf for 7 years after being used to cut 3-4 cord/year for three years, I figure I might as well flog it. It's getting a service and general tidy up at the moment. I have one person half interested. Haven't worked out what to sell it for yet, it was about $1100AUD when I bought it new.

Ah, that 310. I bought new shortly after they came out. It produced 10+ cords for around 15 years. Still use it occasionally but it is old and tired. MS361 replaced it as the go-to.

Well, I'm considering selling my MS310. It doesn't really have a role now and since it sat on the shelf for 7 years after being used to cut 3-4 cord/year for three years, I figure I might as well flog it. It's getting a service and general tidy up at the moment. I have one person half interested. Haven't worked out what to sell it for yet, it was about $1100AUD when I bought it new.
Good idea Cowboy, you’ll be able to redeploy the a new set of tyres.
Did a quick gumtree search on 310’s, the going rate is $300 to $750 which is crazy for what they are. I bought an almost new Dolmar 6400 and converted it to a 7900 with a new P&C for less than that.

Good idea Cowboy, you’ll be able to redeploy the a new set of tyres.
Did a quick gumtree search on 310’s, the going rate is $300 to $750 which is crazy for what they are. I bought an almost new Dolmar 6400 and converted it to a 7900 with a new P&C for less than that.
$300 is almost what I paid new. Technology has moved on way past the 310. It was a very good homeowner saw back then but there are far better ones now. $750 will get you a new MS362 or very close to it.

Not ever selling my 310. Was my first good saw. Got a ton of work done, was relatively cheap, isn't hard to work on despite the howls of "clamshell" on here, parts are easy to find. When I get a CS winch, it'll power that so it can get more regular use. Does anyone know if chainsaws can be cremated with the bodies of their owners? If it's possible, the 310 is coming with me.

$300 is almost what I paid new. Technology has moved on way past the 310. It was a very good homeowner saw back then but there are far better ones now. $750 will get you a new MS362 or very close to it.

Ah, yes. But you forget where I live.

Not ever selling my 310. Was my first good saw. Got a ton of work done, was relatively cheap, isn't hard to work on despite the howls of "clamshell" on here, parts are easy to find. When I get a CS winch, it'll power that so it can get more regular use. Does anyone know if chainsaws can be cremated with the bodies of their owners? If it's possible, the 310 is coming with me.

I understand this attitude. We're teaching the cowkids (or at least trying) that some things are important and other things are not. Letting stuff go is a liberating experience. Otherwise they just hoard and accumulate more and more cr@p that fills my house and pizzes me off. Some things just outlive their usefulness and you can't keep everything for sentimental reasons. Cowdad selling his first chainsaw is setting the example, especially when the money accumulated from flogging off old stuff can be put towards getting better stuff, including but not limited to new tyres.

Just tell the funeral home it's an "Urn, that looks like a chainsaw". Have them put your ashes in the fuel tank, a beer in the oil tank, and epoxy them shut. should pass the smell test.

Just tell the funeral home it's an "Urn, that looks like a chainsaw". Have them put your ashes in the fuel tank, a beer in the oil tank, and epoxy them shut. should pass the smell test.
Great idea. Or put my ashes in with the bar oil and ask those left behind to use the saw until I'm sprinkled all over my happy place, out in the woods somewhere.
We're teaching the cowkids (or at least trying) that some things are important and other things are not. Letting stuff go is a liberating experience. Otherwise they just hoard and accumulate more and more cr@p that fills my house and pizzes me off.
Hording is such an insidious illness. I've seen 'collections' go from an interesting hobby to a noose around their and loved ones necks. I'll sell every saw as I get older and can't run them(I'm already having to admit I can't handle felling on steep terrain with a solid 42" bar on the 395 for very long these days, so I think it's a downward slope from here on in), until perhaps there's some lightweight 16" hydrogen fuel cell model left and the 310. They can flick the lightweight small model but I'll haunt them if they jettison the 310 :).

Great idea. Or put my ashes in with the bar oil and ask those left behind to use the saw until I'm sprinkled all over my happy place, out in the woods somewhere.

Hording is such an insidious illness. I've seen 'collections' go from an interesting hobby to a noose around their and loved ones necks. I'll sell every saw as I get older and can't run them(I'm already having to admit I can't handle felling on steep terrain with a solid 42" bar on the 395 for very long these days, so I think it's a downward slope from here on in), until perhaps there's some lightweight 16" hydrogen fuel cell model left and the 310. They can flick the lightweight small model but I'll haunt them if they jettison the 310 :).
I keep saying silly stuff like that. But, in the last 2 months I bought two saws 99 and 100CC's. One with a 36" bar and the little 99CC Mac with a 21" bar. I'm just going to put a 2" ball on my electric wheelchair and a set of wheels where the helper handle goes, and tow my saw to the trees.

That's because you have small pints. Ours are 20floz
We had some lovely British pubs here in Southern Ontario(Oshawa/Whitby area) we used to frequent when I lived that way.
They were very authentic with the big 20oz pints of Guinness and all the major Brit beers and ales.
It was a great time drinking and playing darts and sitting out on the patio on hot Summer nights.
I had a hard time drinking two of those steins, when my Scottish buddies were putting away two to my one.
Ah.....good times.:cheers:

Got out this week with a few mates to cut some wood and also got to put the pickaroon/hookeroon through it's paces and it was fantastic to use, it really made the whole process a lot easier on the back.

We has around 6 piles (6 ton) like this sitting on the ground waiting to be loaded.
OYVij7gl.jpg

There are 1000's of acres of trees like this waiting for us to cut up.
lfaJmD2l.jpg

Av3QWWVl.jpg

Back