Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Need to invent a derailleur, like on a mountain bike, to take up the slack in a running chain loop, and to let you shift gears!

Philbert
Have you ever seen a Homelite 707GS? It's a gear drive with a 3 speed gear box. Has a little shifter on the gear drive.

JustJeff

JustJeff

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I just found a new Stihl dealer, the folks I bought my dump trailer from. I was getting a set of axle bearings and saw all of the saws. i asked if he had a 36" chain for my 660. He said $36 for the last two he had. I thought he meant each. He said no, buy one get one. So 2 36" chains for $36.
That’s a bargoon. Here in the people’s republic of Ontario, 36 might get you a 16” picco chain.

bear1998

bear1998

ArboristSite Operative
So I showed up today at 8:20 to sign a waiver for the building company. Wasn't ready so I went to check out an oak a co worker offered.View attachment 667437 Cut the big log up with the Del saw and split to manageable size with the fiskars. Then decided I should take the 7910 for a spin.View attachment 667439
Don't be in a hurry....we'll be done with my roof by this weekend...n I'm all urs....lol

crowbuster
Sorry for all the posts in a row. I’m pulling a “Backyard Lumberjack”
:lol:

Please keep posting. I had my shoulder rebuilt july the 18th. 3 more weeks before I cant start therapy. You guys know how hard it is to do nothing when it is nice out? Your pics are keeping me sane.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Please keep posting. I had my shoulder rebuilt july the 18th. 3 more weeks before I cant start therapy. You guys know how hard it is to do nothing when it is nice out? Your pics are keeping me sane.
Sure hope you can get right back at it, that's a long time to be down.
I was sick for a long time, finally coming out of it, it feels good to be able to actually do something, I'm way behind but what's a guy to do.

chipper1

chipper1

Living Life to the Full
. AS Supporting Member.
Oh he was a nice guy no doubt. But he sure got his hackles in a bunch when we called him out for a page and a half of late night posts! “I won’t go down without a fight!”

Lol!
Yes, as long as you agreed with him all was good.

I knew you'd get that :laugh:.
I hate to say it but my big shade tree has just about had it. This was a big twin leader red maple and the other half died when I was in junior high so this half made it a solid 25 years. The other problem is it’s leaning towards a clump of smaller trees I wanted to keep. I don’t know, maybe just let it keep dying? Unless it falls on someone walking from the cabin to the sauna there’s nothing it can harm.

View attachment 667454
If it's not hurting anything but there are some dead limbs that concern you, just toss a throw line up and pull a line up over them and pull them down. Be sure you don't send a bowline up to the branch expecting it to break for sure unless you have the throw line tied on to pull the knot loose if it doesn't break off ;).
I use a throw bag/line all the time to pull down branches that are dead or have broken clean off but they are hung in the tree without even using a rope.
Wear a helmet :yes:.

dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Been there done that in a different way.
Mental therapy for me lol