Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely that sticker adds half a horse. Same way a monster energy sticker will add 5 hp to a motorcycle or snowmobile! My boys Honda Fit has a jegs sticker and I swear it’s faster. Lol.
That's cool, that's what I was thinking. I haven't ever heard that there was anything to them in regards to powa' so I figured I might get a little razzing, but sometimes that's how you learn, besides I give it out enough I better be able to take it :cheers:.
On the first year 046s (1996) the Magnum had a DP muffler cover and more power. Then the EPA put an end to the DP covers, but Stihl realized that "Magnum" sold saws, so they started sticking them on saws with no other changes (like 460s). There are running jokes about it, some people will not buy a saw that does not have a Magnum sticker on it, and I've sold 460s and had the guy look at me and say "I'm glad it's a Magnum"!!! Like I said, it sold saws.
That's cool, so the early 046 were the original magnums and had the DP covers, entering that into my data banks(should be there for a night or two lol). There are so many things like that and some are meaningless while others do have meaning. On the husky side of things there are many things that seem to coincide with changes like that but many have nothing to do wit them. An example is the early 365 was an open port saw, then they got a closed port design, but most associate the 365 special as being when they went to the closed port design when in actuality it was before the 365 special that the change happened. If you get an all original 365 special it will have a closed port 48mm cylinder(as far as I know, seems there is always exceptions to the rules) and it will also have a chain tensioner in the clutch cover which is preferred by most, but doesn't noodle as well as the front tensioner does.
I've heard on the newer stihl backpack blowers that the you want the one that says magnum as that was when/or after they had made improvements to them(valves were better, IIRC).
Thanks for the answer.

Mine is actually an MS460 Super. I am having stickers made! Super sticker adds cc’s as well as hp!
I picked up a 044 Pro a while back...lol!
289a27022f6853f8eb88a2f85ab95cb7.jpg

That's cool, that's what I was thinking. I haven't ever heard that there was anything to them in regards to powa' so I figured I might get a little razzing, but sometimes that's how you learn, besides I give it out enough I better be able to take it :cheers:.

That's cool, so the early 046 were the original magnums and had the DP covers, entering that into my data banks(should be there for a night or two lol). There are so many things like that and some are meaningless while others do have meaning. On the husky side of things there are many things that seem to coincide with changes like that but many have nothing to do wit them. An example is the early 365 was an open port saw, then they got a closed port design, but most associate the 365 special as being when they went to the closed port design when in actuality it was before the 365 special that the change happened. If you get an all original 365 special it will have a closed port 48mm cylinder(as far as I know, seems there is always exceptions to the rules) and it will also have a chain tensioner in the clutch cover which is preferred by most, but doesn't noodle as well as the front tensioner does.
I've heard on the newer stihl backpack blowers that the you want the one that says magnum as that was when/or after they had made improvements to them(valves were better, IIRC).
Thanks for the answer.
Razzing was not my intent so my apologies if it came off that way. I was just clowning around so please don’t take it as disrespect.
From my understanding magnum is just a sticker whereas super denotes a larger engine. However super hasn’t been used for quite a while. I have run across a couple supers in the old flat top saws.

Razzing was not my intent so my apologies if it came off that way. I was just clowning around so please don’t take it as disrespect.
From my understanding magnum is just a sticker whereas super denotes a larger engine. However super hasn’t been used for quite a while. I have run across a couple supers in the old flat top saws.
No offense taken at all, maybe that word is a little stronger there than here, I use it as something friends do with one another. I'm all good :cheers:.
Right on about the supers, that's why I was asking. I didn't know if there was a secret sticker model stihl I needed to own :). On the husky 55's they had a closed port cylinder on the ones that just said 55, but the 55 ranchers where open port so sometimes a little labeling can let you in on something, other times it fools you into thinking it's better than the previous model but it's not:cry:.
Now the 241 ryobi is a different story. It’s not a magnum or a super but it sure cuts a lot of wood!
No doubt about that, those are also rare :D.

I had 300 miles of driving to do yesterday and wasn’t about to let a blown front driveshaft hamper my plans. I cut the remaining boot with my jack knife and threw the bass turd in the box. Was able to clean my hands with hand sanitizer and used the inside of a pair of pants as a rag. Was back on my way in about ten minutes.

A5F989F6-929A-4BAE-9DE8-D509025DADFC.jpeg

So now I have a 3x4 till I can put a new one in.

If you put a "ROCK KRAWLER" sticker on a jeep it makes it better also. Even if it's a 4 door. With stock everything. With road tires.
If you put zero stickers on a jeep. Even a four door and know what your doing you can make 80% of the guys with big tires and lockers look stupid. It's more about the driver and spotter in the rocks then the rig that's hauling them. Now a well built rig with a good driver and spotter is something I'll stop to watch anytime.

If you put a "ROCK KRAWLER" sticker on a jeep it makes it better also. Even if it's a 4 door. With stock everything. With road tires.

Reminds me of a Jeep I saw in a parking lot a few months ago. Besides it being remarkably clean, I thought that perhaps it was recently washed for a show or Jeep get together. It looked pretty mean, lift kit, big ol' knobby off-road tires, bar lighting, snorkel, you name it. Walked around front to get another look, kneeled down and craned my neck to peer below the bumper and noticed... No front differential!

For a Barbie Jeep it looked cool, but it was all bark and no bite, ha ha ha

Went to Walmart tonight and saw this, took it as a sign I should buy myself something.
I went to Walmart last week and bought myself something. They had Federal 150 grain 30-30 on sale for $9.97 a box, with a $5 rebate from Federal, on up to 10 boxes. That was $5 for each box. So, got 10 boxes for $4.97 a box. The rebate is good through December 31st. Don't know how long the sale lasts.

I went to Walmart last week and bought myself something. They had Federal 150 grain 30-30 on sale for $9.97 a box, with a $5 rebate from Federal, on up to 10 boxes. That was $5 for each box. So, got 10 boxes for $4.97 a box. The rebate is good through December 31st. Don't know how long the sale lasts.
The real question is will you be back tomorrow lol.

If you put zero stickers on a jeep. Even a four door and know what your doing you can make 80% of the guys with big tires and lockers look stupid. It's more about the driver and spotter in the rocks then the rig that's hauling them. Now a well built rig with a good driver and spotter is something I'll stop to watch anytime.
I think I need a good spotter when I'm out cutting :).
All joking aside with all the backing off semi's I've done you find out real quick how important a good spotter is. In downtown Chicago there is a building with docks that is very old and also quite dark, it never fails that they want you to back into the last dock and you have to back in blind(on your left side at least that's the blind side here in the states :)), and it's very tight because it was not built for 48' trailers, but probably 40'. They have a guy who works the docks who will get in the running board of your truck and he will tell you if you trust me and follow my orders exactly I'll get you in first try, but don't look at anything but me. If you knew what was good for you you did whatever he said and you were in the dock in no time, it was pretty cool as it would have taken me many times getting in and out of the truck to see where I was at and then pulling forward because I wasn't going to make it without hitting something.
I need a spotter like that when cutting :yes:.

I had 300 miles of driving to do yesterday and wasn’t about to let a blown front driveshaft hamper my plans. I cut the remaining boot with my jack knife and threw the bass turd in the box. Was able to clean my hands with hand sanitizer and used the inside of a pair of pants as a rag. Was back on my way in about ten minutes.

View attachment 676834

So now I have a 3x4 till I can put a new one in.
That great you got through it, gotta do what you gotta do.

Didnt know if ur askin me or maybe 1 of the other 10 people that are on here....lol
I respond in line so folks know who I'm speaking to, although sometimes it does apply to everyone.
I don't shop Wally World myself or support any Chinese companies when I can avoid it, I'm glad we have options here.

Latest posts

Back