Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a new record this Sunday, 15, all with B+C, including two 660s with 36" and 3 saws with 28". I had 14 in it previously, but two did not have B+C, so that was cheating.

The two 660s with 36" barely fit in the trunk, you have to force them past the rubber molding.
What gtg was Sunday?

Here's what the Pro is now! After I built it it went on a little trip North of the border![emoji16]
719349fbf7427d04700343b3c2f409be.jpg
748ef5d04c9d5ea11e7d8dc037138098.jpg
bdca0e09ae442a4f1927e253c8237c52.jpg
4a387fe01bfba7f4c954af623ce9deb7.jpg
Looks great, to bad it's not a pro no mo lol.
I'm gonna send my 440 your way so you can make it perty, it's one if the worse looking saws I have, but she runs well.

Yup. Just have to laugh when life throws **** like this at you.

I’ve experienced a number of “firsts” with broken stuff on this truck lol.
I've had quite a few of those moments lately, only they weren't on the side of the road.
Last week was a tough one, you know how it goes, lots of first world problems.

The real question is will you be back tomorrow lol.
Hey Chipper, the rebate was only good for 10 boxes, so I'm limited out. Even $9.97 is a pretty good deal though. I mostly use 30-30 brass to reform 22 HiPower brass. But I bought the Savage 1899 Saddle Ring Carbine a couple weeks ago, in 30-30. A little side note. My neighbor in WV had a bear kill a couple of his sheep and DNR gave him a Damage Tag to take one bear. He said when ever we come up, bring a rifle till the tag is filled.

not seein any big ones but the deer wiped me out of sweet corn this summer and i'm on the warpath. i didn't run much at Kris's cause of my back.
Steve, did you see my post that my neighbor had a bear kill a couple of his sheep? He got a DNR Damage Tag and said come get a Bear!

No but it's got a little extra under the hood![emoji6]
I'm sure it runs great.
Bring it on!
Mine looks worse than yours, but I had it built as a bucket saw, wanted a lightweight 70cc saw to throw in the bucket of the tractor to keep my other ones nice. What's funny is it has only ridden in the bucket a few times as my buddy who I was going to cut tops with for firewood backed out of the deal :nofunny:. Oh well it's still a great saw.

Status update on the scrounged logs I bored and hollowed out. My wife planted the Orchids in.

The last pick is of the existing Orchid with my hand for scale (I’m 6’3” and have big hands).

View attachment 676957

View attachment 676959

View attachment 676958
Looks like they like it.
When I cut trees that are rotten I save all the dirt that comes out for the flower beds, it's some rich soil, high in organic matter(especially compared to the sand/gravel we have for dirt here).

Hey Chipper, the rebate was only good for 10 boxes, so I'm limited out. Even $9.97 is a pretty good deal though. I mostly use 30-30 brass to reform 22 HiPower brass. But I bought the Savage 1899 Saddle Ring Carbine a couple weeks ago, in 30-30. A little side note. My neighbor in WV had a bear kill a couple of his sheep and DNR gave him a Damage Tag to take one bear. He said when ever we come up, bring a rifle till the tag is filled.
I figured you would only get a few on the rebate, does it say per household, you might be able to have your wife grab ten more.
Works out you just got the 30-30 :).
That sounds like a good bit of work, lot's of time involved.
My dad had a die for using 22 rim fire as a 22 cal projectile, I have no idea how many of these I ran through the process lol. I wonder if he still has the setup, I know they aren't cheap nowadays.
Here's a quick video, theres much better ones, but they are much longer.

I have a friend who works at a small airport. Any 4 legged creature that is able to breach the perimeter fence is tuned into camp meat on the spot as they become a major danger to landing planes. Does not sound like it happens all that often but they take care of business when it does.

I figured you would only get a few on the rebate, does it say per household, you might be able to have your wife grab ten more.
Works out you just got the 30-30 :).
That sounds like a good bit of work, lot's of time involved.
My dad had a die for using 22 rim fire as a 22 cal projectile, I have no idea how many of these I ran through the process lol. I wonder if he still has the setup, I know they aren't cheap nowadays.
Here's a quick video, theres much better ones, but they are much longer.

Yep, 10 per household, address. That's interesting, and might be of interest to HiPower shooters. The HP uses a .228 bullet instead of the standard .224 used nowadays. If you could use a 22 case for the jacket it might work?

I have a friend who works at a small airport. Any 4 legged creature that is able to breach the perimeter fence is tuned into camp meat on the spot as they become a major danger to landing planes. Does not sound like it happens all that often but they take care of business when it does.

I remember years ago being at a small air port in CT, they had a 243 in the tower to control woodchucks.

Latest posts

Back