Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno for sure. Its something I picked up at Mills Fleetfarm a few years ago. I couldn't find one here. Dad was in the hospital so couldn't ask him at the time where he had put em. He was selling a lot of axes at flea markets and such just prior to that. He had Legionaires at the time. Weird how ya remember "stuff" triggered by an axe question.

I just have to take an axe to the woods. Just don't feel right without one.

View attachment 685289 I got a freebie at the gtg today. Thank you @Gugi47 . It's a runner but needs a little love.View attachment 685290 @rarefish383 you wouldn't have a spare of whatever is supposed to cover that hole stashed away would you.
James looked around and couldn't find any with that hole in the clutch cover. Might be "custom".:surprised3:
42346128_1892475374139075_6983900084979105792_n.jpg

Got another load of Eucalyptus sp from my local tree guy he’s a top bloke! It was about ½ a cord (2 m cube) which is about a quarter of my yearly wood requirements. Tried splitting it with the X27 and the Isocore, nothing but bounce on every hit. I gave up and noodled the entire lot with the 7900 (much to the delight of my neighbours no doubt). Luckily it was quite cool so easy work.

I told the tree guy to keep it coming, which will put me in the 3 year ahead territory or more to the going 2. 5 years ahead. The only problem with that is have limited space and will end up double handling wood which is not ideal.
upload_2018-11-19_10-18-33.png

Took the 2065 out and cut up the rest of that oak limb. Love running that saw! Especially after a few days running the ole 52! Took longer to roll the rounds into the bucket then slicing er up!

Still a couple peices out in the woods. The butt end was getting a little punky. Will grab em next time. The rest got split and stacked. Have another load of "dry" stuff to split in the morning. There is 1 more oak limb there that is pretty dry. Been down a lot longer then the first one.

Back