Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait, I hope we have the snow as well. I'd like it if it was this way all yr, I hate that it gets dark so early.
Maybe the snow shoveling at night is the cause for more heat attacks after the change :surprised3:, especially knowing it causes cancer:lol:.

Check out my buddies old homelite. 150auto.

super cool saw. Started on the 3rd pull cold

(yes I showed him how to tighten a chain[emoji23])

He bought the thing new when he was a kid

76bef44471d60ca4c5605ffdc78a4fe3.jpg
d0907885c9e88fc55367ceec374d7666.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool, case and all.
Is he cutting oak skids up at the shop getting his scrounge on :happy:.

That's cool, case and all.
Is he cutting oak skids up at the shop getting his scrounge on :happy:.

He doesn’t burn wood for heat anymore. He just brought it in and wanted me to help him sharpen chain.

I don’t know how he’s got by so many years without knowing that[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I offered him $150 for it and he wouldn’t take it.

That nice saw could use this nice bar. Mine was a freebie from @Gugi47 when Steve had his GTG.

He doesn’t burn wood for heat anymore. He just brought it in and wanted me to help him sharpen chain.

I don’t know how he’s got by so many years without knowing that[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I offered him $150 for it and he wouldn’t take it.
That's funny.
The gullets really need cleaning out on that chain.
I may have one here you can have if you want it, I'll check later, it would be a project saw not a runner.

Last year I bought an identical 150 Auto at a farm auction for $5. I just bought it for the recoil to fix my Dad's old 150. I was getting ready to take it apart and decided to put a squirt of mix in the carb, it fired. Filled the tank up and it ran great. Now I have to find another recoil for Dads old saw.

That nice saw could use this nice bar. Mine was a freebie from @Gugi47 when Steve had his GTG.

James, did you ever figure out what the hole in the clutch cover was for? Think the clutch got away once? Maybe he had it rigged to start it with a battery drill?

James, did you ever figure out what the hole in the clutch cover was for? Think the clutch got away once? Maybe he had it rigged to start it with a battery drill?
Nope no clue. I think it needs a carb kit I tried to run it a few times since then and it bogs and smoke pretty bad. I hope it's not sucking bar oil.

I currently have two XL2, one a derelict (leaks oil everywhere), the other on a "Rule" winch. Both were very good saws for their day. I started in 1976 with and old XL12 - also very good for then.

Latest posts

Back