Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close cousin to a van, S-10 Blazer.
f0019b45e78b58f49e9f5295c1ff774a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think thats related closer to a prius. :D

That is exactly what I wanted in a 4 x 4. But my wife is not having anything to do with a van because she thinks they’re creepy[emoji23]
. So I just got a 1 ton gasser truck instead.

The truck is been a blessing in disguise though. One instance was when I took about 10 truckloads of black locust anda few logs were full of carpenter ants

Those things were all over my bed and gladly not inside of the van I wanted.

Garter snakes had a feast when those logs got home[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's funny, I'd be running around inside the van with my little torch getting them all the whole time my wife would be saying your gonna burn this thing to the ground, probably a good thing I don't have one either lol.

I was talking to a good fried of mine yesterday. said he had ordered a 100ft of 3/8 cable to pull a tree down in his back yard. Why didnt you call me I said, I have that much cable I use to drag trees out of the woods with. Got several shorther lenghts as well. He says, he didnt think about me, but I could have the wood if I wanted it. Said he had a few more trees down below the road he was going to try and pull out as well. I said, you know I do have a winch on the back of a tractor I sometimes use for dragging trees out. In that case, He said he had a few more trees below the house he wanted to cut as well, but cant get to them with the tractor. Well, I happen to have a couple of snatch blocks we can use to redirect those trees around the house. I could tell he was getting all giddy with the news of equipment to get out the trees. I told him, leaving for florida Thursday, but when I got back I would drive over and look at what he had and we could make a plan on how to get the wood out. sound like enough wood to do me a couple of winters and its only about a mile from my house.

Thought I was in FarmerSteves back yard this morning. Dead Red Oak every where. Got there at 8:30, had it all cut up by 9:30. Tried to start the tractor, no go. Had to load it all by hand. Forgot to get a pic of the trailer, it's a Pequea C500. Was home by 11:30. 19* is just a tad cool for a long sleeve T-Shirt and a zip up sweat.
e6bOuCo.jpg

Gn7jOta.jpg

EvQISnp.jpg

Why didnt you call me I said, I have that much cable . . . . I said, you know I do have a winch on the back of a tractor . . . I happen to have a couple of snatch blocks . . .

He says, he didnt think about me, but I could have the wood if I wanted it.

Good equipment can pay for itself.

Philert

The rest of us just call it Spring.... and I wish it would get here already. Winter is nice, but at this point I think we've all just about had the ***** of it.
Not I. Need one or two more snow falls to complete the funds for my unnecessary overpowered 6 cube purchase.

View attachment 720706 I made a tree fall down today. Thought it was a pin oak but it's looking a bit yellow to be oak. Hope it's more mulberry. I'll have to look closer hands got cold so I went inside for a minute.
Mulberry James. Pics. From the saw pinching tree down in the pasture.:dumb2:
20190207_132109.jpg

Latest posts

Back