Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Aussies and Kiwi amaze me everyday. Just watched a video that showed up this week of a “bloke” that caught a a barundi and a salty comes flying out of the water and chases them until it gets close enough to grab the fish and swallow it. Scrounging wood near water would be out of the question.

Ah that's normal. get wood get a feed of fish and what ever else wants to jump on the line:D even get a pair of boots and a wallet out of it too if ya want.:laugh:

Went out yesterday with the 394 to sort out a good size Peppermint, got 2 ute loads out of it, it's a bit of a bugger to split with it's twisted grain but doable just!

ZUvtoIBl.jpg

f7mFLPvl.jpg

Once this snow melts away I better get to this stack quickly or there will be nothing holding it up! The outside is leaning. I've been walking along kicking the top over as the snow recedes.
1753495a5ead48b579ef04e89b332cca.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Jeff, as you cut, leave some limb wood at 2.5x stove length and a couple of rows from the top of your stacks use these pieces to 'link' the 2 rows, they then hold each other up

Jeff, as you cut, leave some limb wood at 2.5x stove length and a couple of rows from the top of your stacks use these pieces to 'link' the 2 rows, they then hold each other up
There is some of that in there. The wind comes out of the west and hits the fence side. Many cycles shakes it loose anyway. I don't stack as high as I used to. I have even thought of using a cargo net or something to secure the stacks. Maybe some snow fence....

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Back in 82 "some guy" came up with an idea for a graduation prank.
In 83 the "same guy" scrounged up an abandoned Vdub in the woods and then assembled a team of 8 and executed the prank .
"They" were never caught, 2 days later "They" even volunteered to take it down and hauled it away with the same truck after the school principle asked for volunteers .

We used an axe and a hacksaw to separate the body from the chassis then we loaded it onto my grandfather's 74 Chevy stepside 1/2 ton, drove it about 10 miles under the cover of darkness and unloaded it .
I was told that at the 25th year grad reunion many were still asking who did it lol

00eb1d4d83978a28970d8d1e4e84b227.jpg

I swear that it was heavier coming off that roof than when we put it up there lol

**** , did I say "I" and "We" ?

Latest posts

Back