Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeez that was a good van :)
Sure fit the what I needed when I was on the mend and gave me a goal to fill when I needed it .
My 2000 Ef2fiddy is in rough shape but was a good trailer hauler , the prob with it is that it's a Heinz 57 , a fella built it from 5 worn out plow trucks several years ago , even has a Merican dash in mph Lol
Lately it's gotten temperamental with no power when it decides to so I've been hunting for a replacement , my 500$ Nissan Versa doesn't have a trailer hitch Lol
Should have a new hauler next week , a nice new to me 2000 Ef3fiddy , 2wd but it should haul the trailer :)

I had done all new wiring and LED lights in the trailer about 6 months ago ($25 at HF).

The problems started when I put a 4" lower hitch on the Truck for the trailer to ride flatter. Then the ground wire got too tight around turns, and started to "stretch". So I put in a pig tail, and it was OK for a bit, then the problems returned. Seems like the front stem of the trailer was no longer grounding to the rest of the trailer. So I drilled a hole in the main body of the trailer and ran some 12 gauge wire, and all is well now! Real PITA to figure out when two things go wrong at the same time! I checked the plug a million times!

View attachment 762118 Finally done noodling and stacking. All the wood came from those 2 oaks. Rows are 8’ deep and 4 1/2’ to 6’ high. That 7900 is my favorite noodling Saw. Forgot to add that all the big limbs from the second tree went to Wayne’s, there’s a big pile there.

Outstanding! You'll be right for fire starter for a while too.

Theres a flooded old lime mine near us no need for a chipper the water will do the work and bones don't float.

Can verify this. I was fishing off a jetty with my brother in law a couple of years ago and he caught something that didn't fight back - we assumed it was just a big stick. Turned out to be a human femur. We released it and sure enough, it didn't float.

Can verify this. I was fishing off a jetty with my brother in law a couple of years ago and he caught something that didn't fight back - we assumed it was just a big stick. Turned out to be a human femur. We released it and sure enough, it didn't float.
Wait a minute, I’m in shock. You caught a human femur and released it?!?!?! Is catching human body parts that common in OZ? Where do they come from, Great Whites?

Back