Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why'd you let those salmons go?
Too small and nobody here likes them, not even when bled instantly and properly filleted. Unless it's something new and weird, snapper, john dory, or kingfish are the only ones I keep. Which is easy because I do heaps of fishing but SFA catching. A legal kingie (75cm) from the 'yak still hasn't happened...yet.

Cough ,,,,,,

snow.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/snow-calgary-1.5302806

Left Turn's neck of the woods .
Soon for the rest of us ,,,

View attachment 762801
I got off my lazy butt and took a pic. Friend of mine wants me to get him a little better performance out of his 291.
View attachment 762801
You have to turn that piece all the way to the left, then pull it out, once you do that you grind the piece that keeps it from turning and then put it back in.
There is a stihl tool for doing this. It's basically a reverse threaded screw on the end of a screwdriver. I just use a drywall screw and turn it in, it takes a few tries, but I'm not doing them every day :).

View attachment 762801
I got off my lazy butt and took a pic. Friend of mine wants me to get him a little better performance out of his 291.
View attachment 762801
Those look different than the Homelite and Echo ones that I’ve “spayed” but I would think a wood screw should remove them. Maybe a Stihl guy can comment.
Outwardly it looks like the MS201TC (non m-tronic) I have on my bench, which only had the metal surround over the H screw. It had a metal pin you have to drill out , then the whole internal part (which is attached to the needle) moves freely.

You have to turn that piece all the way to the left, then pull it out, once you do that you grind the piece that keeps it from turning and then put it back in.
There is a stihl tool for doing this. It's basically a reverse threaded screw on the end of a screwdriver. I just use a drywall screw and turn it in, it takes a few tries, but I'm not doing them every day :).
Outwardly it looks like the MS201TC (non m-tronic) I have on my bench, which only had the metal surround over the H screw. It had a metal pin you have to drill out , then the whole internal part (which is attached to the needle) moves freely.
Looks like I'm wrong, they're not the same system. Never removed any other stihl limiters besides this 201T, I mostly see older or m-tronic. Thanks for the info!

Looks like I'm wrong, they're not the same system. Never removed any other stihl limiters besides this 201T, I mostly see older or m-tronic. Thanks for the info!
The 201 is the same.
This is what I

You can do it that, but it will still have the limiter.
The way I do it you never have to use that little 2mm Allen wrench again.

I turned it the whole way to the left, then used a broken screw extractor that keeps it left but I can’t get it to pull out.
Did you see in the video where he showed how the cover lines up with the outside of the carb. The image was a bit out of focus in the video at that point, but there is a line on the outside ridge where the metal limiter cover goes into the carb.
If you don't get it I have a 291 in the basement I'll get out and pull it on for you, just let me know if you need me too.
Heading to bed now :hi:.

I was going to bring my splitter to the wood since these rounds were so big, but felt like running some saws. Started at first light, two tanks later with the 661 and 20 inch bar, they were all noodled up. Man that saw rips with a 20 inch bar.

View attachment 762494 View attachment 762495 View attachment 762496
That’s awesome! Probably faster than the splitter too.
Cough ,,,,,,

snow.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/snow-calgary-1.5302806

Left Turn's neck of the woods .
Soon for the rest of us ,,,
What it looked like here Saturday..34BD0EB8-EF91-485B-BD9E-8BBBB1DCC531.jpeg

My Wife and my Mom went to the Oregon coast this week, she just sent me these pictures 4972BCE5-B851-423A-A804-005C417E594F.jpegscrounged Idaho wood for camp fire on the beach:)077E39B1-B86E-4D55-A7F8-8968A2F5BB57.jpeg

Did you see in the video where he showed how the cover lines up with the outside of the carb. The image was a bit out of focus in the video at that point, but there is a line on the outside ridge where the metal limiter cover goes into the carb.
If you don't get it I have a 291 in the basement I'll get out and pull it on for you, just let me know if you need me too.
Heading to bed now :hi:.
Got it Brett. Finally saw that tiny keyway slot across the face ridge of the cap. I can grind out the 2 limiter stops on it and be good to go. Thank you.

Back