Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Harold and I went up to the cabin today, I hauled up a bunch of 10' 2X6 s, but did not take the ATV or trailer.

The truck got an impressive 21.6 MPG (instead of about 17) w/o the trailer, and keep in mind Rte 17 is very hilly, and that included my steep 2 mi 4WD rd in and out. Total trip was about 250 mi.

The old cabin needs a new roof, and we made front + back overhangs (which it did not have) from the 2X6 s. I also briefly ran my 362 and turned a small Ash tree into 3 wheel barrows of fire wood.

Even though it did not rain here, it rained all afternoon up there, so we were wearing rain gear to finish up the project.

Harold is a Carpenter, and I let him use my DeWalt 20V circular saw to cut up all the 2X6s. He was pleasantly surprised how well it worked, he had wanted to bring a generator and a plug in saw, but I told him we didn't need it. I brought up 8 fully charged 20V batteries, and the first one was still in the saw at the end of the day!

Hopefully will get the roof done sometime this month.

Welcome.
I'm sure we could work something out, I probably don't need all three :innocent:.
Have a think about it, no rush or anything.

Alright, I'm confused. Who is your husband, then?

Gotta love the English language, so much potential for misunderstanding.
Actually nothing wrong with the language, the issue was my poorly constructed sentence. But you guys got the idea:confused:

Got it Brett. Finally saw that tiny keyway slot across the face ridge of the cap. I can grind out the 2 limiter stops on it and be good to go. Thank you.
The slot is across the face ridge of the cap :laughing:.
Sorry couldn't resist lol.
I'm almost positive I only had to grind out one stop, then it can spin all the way around.

Bunyan this weekend...
Two gtg's, and Bunyan this weekend, but I won't be going to them this weekend. This weekend is our bonfire :blob2:, we have it every year for my wife's birthday, won't be missing that!
If any of you are in the area or want to travel you're all welcome to come.

I drove a 700+HP Richard Petty Mustang, and my Mustang (550 HP) would eat it alive! As soon as you breathed on the Petty, it blew the back tires out.

When you get over 400+ HP, it is all about traction and your ability to drive. The exception is these new cars with launch control, you simply can not compete with it with real street tires.

The current Mustang GT, with 460 HP and a 10 speed matic will run the 1/4 in close to 12 seconds flat every time. You just can't compete with that. I have to drive super carefully and get everything just right to break 12.50.
Mike, I'm sorry, there is something just fundamentally wrong with a Richard Petty Mustang.

I think amazon. They are listed for 310 plus 25 flat shipping.
There are just too many 70-90CC saws out there that need saving, for less than $50, to buy new ones. Even though I do like Echo's, I think I have at least 6 of them from a 305 to a 650 and 750.

It would probably be cheaper to grab up an echo 361.
Don't worry, I knew exactly what you meant sweetie :p.
Echo 361 not sold in Aus, wouldn’t be to keen on an imported one as it would be a bit of a pain getting spare parts air filters etc. The rear handle 200’s aren’t sold hear either but at least they would share 95% of parts with the top handle saw.

There are just too many 70-90CC saws out there that need saving, for less than $50, to buy new ones. Even though I do like Echo's, I think I have at least 6 of them from a 305 to a 650 and 750.
Totally right for us putzy guys but some sane folks just want to buy a new saw and run it. Lol.

I've got about 18 runners from 50 cc to 99 cc (a 660 big bore), and I use all of them now and then, but the two I tend to "go to" most are my two newest ones … My MMWS 261 Ver II and my 462.

They both have great power, are very light for their size, have smooth AV, air filters that need very infrequent cleaning and computerized tuning.

While I still like my older saws, there is just not much not to like with these new ones! My other saws are mostly for running longer bars, milling, or backup!

Back