Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one just like that. The doc told me I might need surgery for my 2 cracked vertebrae 2 years ago. Ain't happening till I have trouble lifting a 12 ouncer.

Quick-tap-system-keg-beer-tap.jpg

Never have to worry about that pesky 12oz ever again , just pour what you're comfortable with Lol

Only if @Multifaceted makes it. That was some excellent brew he brought to the GTG.

Thanks!I just threw that together in a week, was short on time. If you liked that, then you really would like the stuff I actually take my time on ;)

A friend of mine and I are entertaining the idea of opening a brewery that also offers smoked meats to eat on premises. Currently drafting some business plans and ideas. Both have our wive's blessings...

Edit: wive's not wife's :O

Sure hope our Aussie's are staying safe , worse down there than in Cali and it's not summer yet .

Where these fires are it is really their normal fire season. As summer progresses it gets more humid up there and typically fire season diminishes. These fires have been bad though, for sure. Jan-Feb is our turn, just prepare as best we can and hope for the best. At least where we are we can clear vegetation to a reasonable extent. Closer to the cities you have stupid Green shire councils who enact local laws prohibiting all sorts of things, even picking up sticks on the side of the road, let alone cutting down a dirty big eucalypt standing right next your house. Forget any firewood scrounging. Get caught and you get big fines. End result over a number of years is a huge fuel load and get the right conditions and a lightning strike or some idiot tossing a cigarette (or worse still, deliberately lighting a fire) and there's real trouble.

Speaking of fire, I've had mine going more than a usual November. -10°C this morning or 14°Murican. Colder than it usually gets in early November. I normally burn one facecord for this month and one in December, two a month Jan to March... Anyway, I'm more than halfway through the allotted amount and the month isn't half over. Good thing I've got alot!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

They are talking "Record Lows" in NYC and area, must be the Global Warming (Ha Ha Ha!!!!)

Be as clean as possible, but man does not have the capacity or knowledge to change the weather!

I'm not saying we have no impact, we just have no idea how big or small it is, or if we can make any change into the future.

So be responsible, but not paranoid. The planet was warmer during the Roman Empire, and we are all still here!

We have far more capacity to clean streams and rivers, and prevent acid rain by improving our practices.

They are talking "Record Lows" in NYC and area, must be the Global Warming (Ha Ha Ha!!!!)

Be as clean as possible, but man does not have the capacity or knowledge to change the weather!

I'm not saying we have no impact, we just have no idea how big or small it is, or if we can make any change into the future.

So be responsible, but not paranoid. The planet was warmer during the Roman Empire, and we are all still here!

We have far more capacity to clean streams and rivers, and prevent acid rain by improving our practices.
And they suspect the black plague and Ghengis Khan events caused global cooling because of the people being killed off and farmland reverting to forests.

We are also coming out of a ice age, we haven't even peaked that event yet...

We hardly know our short past, let alone geologic history.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Hunter's Poem - By Mustang Mike

Climbing hills far from home
Braving the cold all alone

In search of game I feel I must
Tho at times I'm chasing dust

Searching for creatures I can not see
Hoping to bring one home with me

Success will always bring me smiles
Making it worth the traveled miles

The Hunter's Poem - By Mustang Mike

Climbing hills far from home