Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darts and Pool, that stables of any fun place. Hey Uncle Mike, I got some sweet darts and a board, want me to bring them up to that cabin. That’s one game I KNOW I won’t lose to you at. And anytime you wanna play pool, come visit. We got some spots around here. One is even kiddie friendly if you wanna bring your grandsons

View attachment 772559 Gave a load of mulberry to an older couple down the road. FIL won't let me bring any more home so it's going to people I know need help keeping up.

What's all that about? Is it oak only from now on?

Good on you for helping out the older neighbours. :clap:

Im gonna stop picking up hardwood and look for spruce/silver maple....hardwoods hold coals too long and i cant reload. Of the 4ish loads I put in the stove a day I only need one coal-holding load:The one I put in before work so I got coals to restart after work.
I’ve been burning mostly Norway pine so far and it’s nice that there’s just a small coal bed each morning and after work. Versus several days of burning with hardwood and there’s 12 plus inches of coals in the boiler.

First snow of the year, 4” on the ground and still snowing. Down to 14* tonight.

Same here in KY, I saw 700 STT on the Jotul. 79 degrees in the house with Maple and a touch of Oak, saving most of the oak and hickory for the worst of weather later on. Stay warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!I just threw that together in a week, was short on time. If you liked that, then you really would like the stuff I actually take my time on ;)

A friend of mine and I are entertaining the idea of opening a brewery that also offers smoked meats to eat on premises. Currently drafting some business plans and ideas. Both have our wive's blessings...

Edit: wive's not wife's :O
Uhhh, you know Barley N Hops went belly up. All the tanks already in place.

Come to think of it I got my quad with a plow and havent had more than like 3" to plow since then
See, that's what I mean. All those years I had a walk be hind blower, and the carb would get all gunked up, and not run when I needed it, it snowed. Now I have the JD X540 that gets used all year, so the carb never gets gunked up, it won't snow. I have one or two lawns to Vac the leaves, then the blower goes on.

Back