Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happened upon some of them square trees again. They grow without bark too! [emoji16]

b20c4f6e1f7cf096ad4f7653550c97cc.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Second load I had my 6’5” 220lb 25 year old nephew with me. His old Silverado got to haul a load back to his mommas house. Kid is as strong as an OX!!!
6'5" would make my 220 look pretty good...I'll start stretching... tomorrow.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Don't worry FS, even when I just had the Escape I hauled more than twice the wood every year than he does in his pretty (but dented) Chebby truck!

And he keeps talking about when his Camaro is going to beat up on my Mustang … and talking … and talking!!! Maybe he figures if he waits till I'm 80 he'll be able to out shift me!

Your Nephew is a big strong boy, and a real good worker too … but if I remember right from this year's arm wrestling … I guess Derek, Bill and I are Ox + ??? That said, I would not want to try to keep up with either he or Derek for any length of time. My days of being able to keep pace with those boys are behind me.

Which Camaro Uncle Mike? My wife lets me have two.....

yeah, you still got some muscle in ya! Look at the fishing picture from 36 years ago..... you had a good foundation to be a strong old guy!

Both those boys are good workers. Took a lot of influence from my dad, you and me to turn them into good hard 21072FE0-B9F1-47B7-B2FB-0AF36F782115.png working men!

Stopped at Brett’s (chipper1) house this morning to pick up my new Johnsered 2166.

All I can say is, what a great guy! He welcomed me into his home and we had a nice talk. He was very helpful by showing me some things he has learned over the years and I GREATLY appreciate it!

Thank you Brett for the great deal on the saw and being so kind!

Im still new at this and am ALWAYS willing to listen and learn.

Here she is!

Ill do the simple mod to change it to a 2172 (372) and then runn it fir a while. He mentioned something about some divider or something on the intake that he also does a modification on but I forgot to ask him about it.
6b6a87004616ebb149c3208e29a535d2.jpg

Awesome! I have made the 362 into a Big Bore Kit 372. It’s a good runner but I often think about a OEM 372 kit would be stronger. I also have a 365 jug and slug sitting on my shelf..... figure it would make a good “emergency backup” setup.

Congratulations on the new saw, now go get her in some wood!!

Awesome! I have made the 362 into a Big Bore Kit 372. It’s a good runner but I often think ab OEM 372 kit would be stronger. I also have a 365 hug and slug sitting on my shelf..... figure it would make a good “emergency backup” setup.

Congratulations on the new saw, now go get her in some wood!!

She may go to Kevin one day for porting but for now it will stay a 372. Dont k ow why but the 372 is appealing and now i “kinda” got one. Now Let see if i can put the 385 down for a while and run something else for a change [emoji23]

Stopped at Brett’s (chipper1) house this morning to pick up my new Johnsered 2166.

All I can say is, what a great guy! He welcomed me into his home and we had a nice talk. He was very helpful by showing me some things he has learned over the years and I GREATLY appreciate it!

Thank you Brett for the great deal on the saw and being so kind!

Im still new at this and am ALWAYS willing to listen and learn.

Here she is!

Ill do the simple mod to change it to a 2172 (372) and then runn it fir a while. He mentioned something about some divider or something on the intake that he also does a modification on but I forgot to ask him about it.
6b6a87004616ebb149c3208e29a535d2.jpg

Nice saw. Brett is a stand up guy and knows some stuff. Have fun cuttin.

Latest posts

Back