Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garrison_staytheblazeshome.jpg

I can't drink all the koolaide that they're serving but I have some ordered because they're donating 2$ per can to Feed Nova Scotia to help those that need help .

Did the Coronavirus spread up there from New Yuck City?

We’re lucky to be across the continent. For now anyway.

Most of the food stocks are back in stores around here. The grocery stores were quiet for the last week but were busy again today in anticipation of the holiday weekend.

Fools went nuts over TP and hand sanitizer first. Then it was milk, eggs, butter, and canned soup. The run on milk was a real head scratcher because it’s shelf life is so short. I bought a gallon of milk today that expires on the 14th.

Wife made some homemade bread the other day. Boy was that good. Sort of tasted like those dinner rolls you buy as frozen dough balls but with a more coarse grain.

I’d love to get a sourdough starter going but I just don’t need to eat that much bread.

The Walmart here yesterday had only generic TP on the shelf. Didn't need it but had to look. It was over priced for what it is.

But... in the automotive dept they had Scott RV TP which is damn good stuff FWIW

Ha! Good catch.

We’re surrounded by orchards and vineyards in this part of California, the western part of this valley is tomatoes, corn, sunflowers, and melons (and other stuff). Closer to the coast is all the salad vegetables, and strawberries. Strawberries are grown here during cooler times, summer is too hot. Asian vegetables are grown here too.

Yeast has been scarce around here (finally found some), so I looked up to see if some old yeast ('best by 2 years ago' date on jar) I had in the fridge was still good:

1/2 cup warm water + 1 teaspoon sugar + 2-1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) of yeast. Stir together and let sit for 10 minutes. If it foams up ('proofs') and fills the rest of the cup, it is still active and good. Mine worked!

Philbert
It was scarce here too for a bit.
That's nice you found that out. There are also some yeast-less recipes that I've heard are pretty good, my wife makes some good communion bread :yes:.
We have quite a bit on hand here along with probably 40lbs of flour, the kids have been making lots of bread lol.

I think you guys are turning me into a husky guy... I seem to be constantly reading up on the 200 series. I think I’ve decided to have the 254 woods ported (I messaged Mastermind about it), and I need to add a 262 and a 272.

I stihl love my stihls, but these 200 series saws sure are cool!

I think you guys are turning me into a husky guy... I seem to be constantly reading up on the 200 series. I think I’ve decided to have the 254 woods ported (I messaged Mastermind about it), and I need to add a 262 and a 272.

Welcome, friend...
20200310_141220.jpg

We’re surrounded by orchards and vineyards in this part of California, the western part of this valley is tomatoes, corn, sunflowers, and melons (and other stuff). Closer to the coast is all the salad vegetables, and strawberries. Strawberries are grown here during cooler times, summer is too hot. Asian vegetables are grown here too.
I haven’t seen sunflowers in over 15 years around here

I run Echo and Domar. I'm in the clear.

Back