Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my favorite saw for general use, but for milling, stumping, Noodling, and large bucking you can add the 066/660 to that durability list!

I'm sure I could happily do 90% of my stuff with a 462 and 261 … but what fun would that be??? What would I do with all the rest of them?
I'd agree and I'd happily add them to the list.
Surprising to most I'd buy a 660 or a 661 for milling duty before buying a 395, not really a fan of the front tensioner on the 395.

Second pour torched 4 times . This epoxy needs 75 to 85 temps to cure properly. Stove is cranking the windows are open . Lol . Going to let it sit 72 hours drum sand it and do a flow coat. Not had for scrap wood from my 68s wood bed.
Wasnt my idea but the misses thought it would look good going from the blue to the the clear . Shes the artist in the family . Not going to say anything but it does look great

View attachment 816172View attachment 816174
Noice. Looks like different river depths. Just watched an old episode of gold rush white water and I'm thinking just the other side of that clear patch, where the river gets deeper and the current slows, is where I'd put the dredge and get to it. Maybe you can get a few flakes of gold leaf and a handful of gravel and resin that into the underside. Excuse me, it's day 16 or so of lockdown and I can feel myself starting to lose it.

I'd agree and I'd happily add them to the list.
Surprising to most I'd buy a 660 or a 661 for milling duty before buying a 395, not really a fan of the front tensioner on the 395.
It sure is frustrating having to carry an extra, single-purpose tool like a longer (than the ones on my multitool) screwdriver.

It sure is frustrating having to carry an extra, single-purpose tool like a longer (than the ones on my multitool) screwdriver.
One can have the same frustration with a wrap handle if you don't have the proper scrench.
All in all it's not a big deal, but once you've gotten used to the side tensioners why go back, that's like wiping with leaves :surprised3::lol:.

I am so weak from laying in hospital that I couldn't pull the MS362 to start it yesterday. Never thought to use the decomp. Is there any difference in the procedure with/without decomp? If I can get that first full pull it will start every time.

Use the decomp as normal .

Use the decomp as normal .
Agreed. I always use the decomp on the 361 and 461. Makes a huge difference.

And I’m still a “young” strapping lad. LOL

Got chilly here in NW Ohio. getting spoiled by the warmer temps.Hoping to grab a few more trees to buck, split, and stack before the woods becomes full of life.

Gave the saws a day off and hit the bike path with the kiddo. 62° in Big Sky Country.
View attachment 816175
When I was in Sturgis in 2006 a couple of us took a ride into Montana rest of the group to hung over to go was like "Whatya gunno do in Montana? " I said have no idea but it's better than sitting here at the chip. We rode out threw Bella Forche then into Montana. Great ride stopped at the Stoneyville saloon in Alzada . Had lunch got ready to leave but the bartender came running out said to get the bikes in the garage. Huge hail storm that's when Deadwood had the mudslide taking out 100 bikes on the street. We watched the storm go around us

Well , in these "New Normal" times with shortages and food insecurity I've been buying more basic food that stores well or is what would have been "Poor people's" food from my grandparents time .
I couldn't find hotdogs or buns at the store but picked up some fresh lobsters and haddock from a roadside seller :)

Noice. Looks like different river depths. Just watched an old episode of gold rush white water and I'm thinking just the other side of that clear patch, where the river gets deeper and the current slows, is where I'd put the dredge and get to it. Maybe you can get a few flakes of gold leaf and a handful of gravel and resin that into the underside. Excuse me, it's day 16 or so of lockdown and I can feel myself starting to lose it.
Well I do have a bottle of Goldslager. I could strain it off and get the gold flakes out of it. But then I'd have to drink it . Oh well the things we do for our hobbies :crazy: I do have some some Tabasco anyone up for fireballs!!

Well , in these "New Normal" times with shortages and food insecurity I've been buying more basic food that stores well or is what would have been "Poor people's" food from my grandparents time .
I couldn't find hotdogs or buns at the store but picked up some fresh lobsters and haddock from a roadside seller :)
It will pass all the stores around me are fully stocked again and there's no one in the stores

Bulk rice and beans?

Dried beans yes , you wouldn't have found much of any rice in my community 75 years ago .
Now back then , clams , lobster and even some fish species were poor people's food .
Lobster were caught and thrown whole in farmers field for fertilizer .

It will pass all the stores around me are fully stocked again and there's no one in the stores

Our stores still aren’t fully stocked, but starting to get some stuff in. The store I was at today had bottled water for the first time in three weeks. They’re still low on canned goods and nuts, stuff that keeps longer. Milk, meats, and cheese was fully stocked. No tp, napkins, or paper towels.

Problem we have up here is that fresh veg and fruit are imports this time of year .
Luckily I have contacts in the industrial food supply world so I have iqf steak and porkchops in the freezer , plenty of frozen ground beef and whole chicken .
I can buy instant yeast by the pound ($3.65 per lb) and wholesale on 50lb bags of flower .
I am not stressed but I've seen people that I thot were rational and intelligent become unhinged .

garrison_staytheblazeshome.jpg

I can't drink all the koolaide that they're serving but I have some ordered because they're donating 2$ per can to Feed Nova Scotia to help those that need help .

I can buy instant yeast by the pound ($3.65 per lb) . . .
Yeast has been scarce around here (finally found some), so I looked up to see if some old yeast ('best by 2 years ago' date on jar) I had in the fridge was still good:

Disolve 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup warm water; add 2-1/4 teaspoons (1 packet) of yeast. Stir together and let sit for 10 minutes. If it foams up ('proofs') and fills the rest of the cup, it is still active and good. Mine worked!

Philbert

Our stores still aren’t fully stocked, but starting to get some stuff in. The store I was at today had bottled water for the first time in three weeks. They’re still low on canned goods and nuts, stuff that keeps longer. Milk, meats, and cheese was fully stocked. No tp, napkins, or paper towels.
The Walmart here yesterday had only generic TP on the shelf. Didn't need it but had to look. It was over priced for what it is.

But... in the automotive dept they had Scott RV TP which is damn good stuff FWIW

Back