Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picnic tables are very prone to growing legs. And douchebags chop up the wooden ones for the fire.

We (privately operated park charity) are redoing the small park in town. All of the original wood picnic tables disappeared over a number of years. The new ones will be the coated metal ones that are bolted to concrete pads with security bolts.

Someone talk me off a ledge... $350 at my fav local dealer...

View attachment 837066View attachment 837067View attachment 837068
I'll try to help, I agree, I see no reason not to buy it, don't fall for the thoughts in your mind saying you don't really need it :lol: .
Seriously it looks like it's well worth the price. If I had one here in that condition I could have easily sold it this week, all the ones I have are more, one almost new and ported and a nib 2018.
I need another one of those no-spill cans, and I need a new valve for mine, it's getting pretty sticky.

Thanks all, I left already (picked up a 3/8 setup for Binford LOL), and took my buddy's 359 back that they rebuilt the carb on as it was still running like crap.

I'm fighting myself because I have a MS241... The 346 vs the 241, I'm assuming the 241 will win stock for stock...

Looking good.
Is that honey locust in there too?
The tree service guy told me it was English walnut and even said that was one of the reasons it came down was the amount of walnuts it dropped on the ground. The Google seems to agree by the color of the wood. It was kind of funny - the tree service guy was telling ME how highly valuable it was!

Thanks for the well wishes fellas. Old man made it through the op well so far. Musta been happy hour at the cardiac bar because he ordered a single but they upgraded him to a double bypass while they were fishing about in there. Just the usual sore thoat from having a tube carefully shoved down it. But i guess he's still in the honeymoon period while the hospital-grade drugs haven't worn off yet. A week in there driving the nurses nuts and if he hasn't got any infections they'll be kicking him out, then about 6 weeks of grovelling at home before he's functioning normally, all going well.

Was looking at their place today and there's quite a bit of building work to do they have been putting off because they didn't want to admit they were getting older and need to make life easier but this last week has kicked that resistance out of them so I'll get it done. Don't want it to be a building site when he escapes hospital though, so will have to see what can and can't be done in a week that was never in the schedule. But, so far, so good. Thankfully.
Glad to hear! Hope recovery goes well.
Well, if that's the case, I may have a clean 241 for sale... Which is tough as I really like that saw. But, I can't collect these things...

May have to get the 346xp ported as well....
Now your talking :yes:

Well, if that's the case, I may have a clean 241 for sale... Which is tough as I really like that saw. But, I can't collect these things...

May have to get the 346xp ported as well....
Personally, I’d keep the 241 due to its lightweight and get it ported instead. 346 and 254 are pretty close ported

I would not sell a 241. Not made any more, computer controls, and I believe they are lighter. Can always re sell the other one, just won't be many out there for that price in that condition. Plus, everyone I know that has one loves it!

It is like in the mid 70s I wish I had a barn to keep all the cars I found in … like a 56 T-Bird with removable porthole roof for $900, etc! Instead I bought my Boss 302 body for $800!

You will never regret a good buy and a good item.

Latest posts

Back