Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, got my switch in. Worked out great. I swapped the grounding terminal over from a spare switch. Was real easy to pop apart.
20200618_163338.jpg
Old switch left. New right.
20200618_165121.jpg
After swapping the terminals.
20200618_165742.jpg
New switch installed in the old 394xp
Thanks for the tip guys! I'll add that this is a mod free swap for a 390xp as well.
15925143647572113490531870971312.jpg

Thanks, folks! Grateful to the good Lord for yet another year in the books and the start to a new one! Keep on scrounging on! :chop:
View attachment 836664
Every year's a blessing. My old man thought he had indigestion last week, instead he's having a bypass op this morning. Visited him last night in hospital and could tell he was scared of what's coming. Just that anxiety about the op probably brought on the attacks overnight that bumped him up the priority list and into this mornings op schedule. I used to think he was invincible. He's never been to a hospital since the day he came out of one as a new born 75 years ago. Getting his money's worth now ;-)

The ones I'm familiar with just keep running. It wasn't real fast, but to be honest I didn't think it was all that bad either. The 325 chain can make a big difference in very hard/frozen wood, sometimes the working corner of a 3/8 chain will not grab well, so it runs just as fast with less power. In many conditions a properly chosen and tuned chain can make a huge difference, for general cutting a generically sharpened chain will get the job done just fine.
No problem, I just hope I can find your chain down there; but you may come out ahead if I can't, that chain was tore up worse than most I've seen :yes:.

If you cant find it let me know what you have. Ill buy another from ya if possible.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Every year's a blessing. My old man thought he had indigestion last week, instead he's having a bypass op this morning. Visited him last night in hospital and could tell he was scared of what's coming. Just that anxiety about the op probably brought on the attacks overnight that bumped him up the priority list and into this mornings op schedule. I used to think he was invincible. He's never been to a hospital since the day he came out of one as a new born 75 years ago. Getting his money's worth now ;-)
Here's hoping it all goes well!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, got my switch in. Worked out great. I swapped the grounding terminal over from a spare switch. Was real easy to pop apart.
View attachment 836740
Old switch left. New right.
View attachment 836741
After swapping the terminals.
View attachment 836742
New switch installed in the old 394xp
Thanks for the tip guys! I'll add that this is a mod free swap for a 390xp as well.
View attachment 836743

Awesome!!! OK, I must be daft. How did you pop the switches apart? I'd love to swap my bottom terminal from the OG switch into the T540 one.

Awesome!!! OK, I must be daft. How did you pop the switches apart? I'd love to swap my bottom terminal from the OG switch into the T540 one.
Just stuck a very small flathead in the narrow side of the switch, in between the white/red and gray part and gave it a gentle pry up. Came right out. The new switch is the same, just need to pop the spring cover off and remove the spring first. That little hump in between the two post is the spring cover. Same as the main cover to take off. Very small flat head gently pop it out. The terminals are made the same, slide the old post out and slide it into the new housing.

Attachments

• 20200618_165239.jpg
    20200618_165239.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Just stuck a very small flathead in the narrow side of the switch, in between the white/red and gray part and gave it a gentle pry up. Came right out. The new switch is the same, just need to pop the spring cover off and remove the spring first. That little hump in between the two post is the spring cover. Same as the main cover to take off. Very small flat head gently pop it out. The terminals are made the same, slide the old post out and slide it into the new housing.
Thanks!

I'm gonna try this and will report back!

That's a nice drop compared to the last couple, you guys may need to break out some jackets, kinda like the guys wearing shorts after winter(sometimes during) when the temps hit 30-40 lol.
They changed our forecast, Monday was supposed to be mid 70s, not they are saying mod 80s :baba: , and not until wed for the mid 70s.
I know one thing for sure, I'm not moving too fast out there.
I like to mow after it rains, keeps the dust down, but if yours is as tall as it was before that may not be an option.
Did this one to help out a friend a couple weeks ago, forgive me if I posted these here already, I thought I posted them in the good morning thread.
No raking!
View attachment 836725View attachment 836726
Nice hill out of the picture too.
View attachment 836727
How much for the suburban? Is that 4wd?

Latest posts

Back