Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wheelbarrow must be even faster now, it's just a blur!
Gotta move fast when it's a black locust scrounge before someone else gets it:crazy2:.
East of me? That sure puts someone a long ways from home. I wish I could get that same sucker to take down the similar looking cherry I have near my barn.

Were the kids happy to get their hula hoop back?
View attachment 836441
Whoops, Should have read west lol.
Shoot me some pictures and an address and I'll see what I can make happen, I don't plan on taking any wood though :p.
They didn't really care, it was up there for 4 yrs they told me.

Many have no idea what that is around here so it just stays put. Reality is most don't know what black locust is either, and I'm glad for that :).

I still have that nice big oak round saved for ya Brett. Ill even help ya load it up. [emoji16]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Shoot me some pictures and an address and I'll see what I can make happen, I don't plan on taking any wood though :p.
Nah, I'm just funnin' with ya. But I do have a cherry tree that is nearly bare, close to my barn just like the maple in your pics.

Did three today last one was small because buy the timei gotback they had dragged put 4 white oaks and put them right on the wood I bucked. So now I need to buck that and get the rest. Last load of the day. Going to be fun cutting around the spikes . Old tree stand View attachment 836569
Hit those areas with spray paint

I still have that nice big oak round saved for ya Brett. Ill even help ya load it up. [emoji16]

You better put that one by the road buddy lol.
I will most likely be down your way in the next couple of weeks and can drip off your chain as I think it's legal to talk to others in the state now, gotta love our governor :nofunny:. I'll let you know more when we have a firm plan in place.
Just noodled up these guys, had to go around one nail that I hit when I cut the spars off the main. It messed my chain up, but not as bad as yours :surprised3:.
I need to remember there's a steel hook in one of these rounds, don't want to hit that.
Been running this little cs490 with a 20"x325, it's not a fast saw noodling with about 18" of it, but it's getting the job done. I sold it to a friends dad with the 20" bar and 4 chains and I got him a 16" bar and 3 chains off eBay, I'll be trying those chains out in the next couple days, might get a video of it running both. It should so a great job with the 16"x325 on it.
3 rounds down and 4 to go, got some nice bedding from them, I'll do the others with 3/8 chain on some 70cc saws.
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.32.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-17 at 8.33.14 PM.png

First sit down dinner out of the house in 3.5 months. Tried out a little Mexican place about an hour away (was only 15 minutes out of our way from our travels this afternoon). Food was good but I ate way too much. Burrito was about as long as a dinner plate as darn near as thick as two pool noodles next to each other.

Mowed a bit tonight and sitting outside. It’s down to 81 with a stiff breeze so it’s very comfortable sitting.

Just a little update on the t540 switch I'll be trying to swap into my 394xp. The switches showed up a week late lol. I'll toss one in the 394xp tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be cruddy. Looks like it should fit right in with just a bit of a mod for the ground. Thanks to @muad For the tip. I'll post up a pic when it's all done up tomorrow.

Just a little update on the t540 switch I'll be trying to swap into my 394xp. The switches showed up a week late lol. I'll toss one in the 394xp tomorrow since the weather is supposed to be cruddy. Looks like it should fit right in with just a bit of a mod for the ground. Thanks to @muad For the tip. I'll post up a pic when it's all done up tomorrow.

Keep us posted! I can't take any credit, as @huskihl told me about them, and who to contact over on Ooo Pppp Eeeee to get the part number.

You can pop the old switch apart and use the terminals from it so the female spades fit. I’ve done it both ways, but I can’t remember the adjustment I had to make it fit without swapping the terminals

You can pop the old switch apart and use the terminals from it so the female spades fit. I’ve done it both ways, but I can’t remember the adjustment I had to make it fit without swapping the terminals

I couldn't figure out how to take apart the switches without breaking them, LOL. So, I just used a little bit of wire on the bottom terminal to ground it. So far so good.

You better put that one by the road buddy lol.
I will most likely be down your way in the next couple of weeks and can drip off your chain as I think it's legal to talk to others in the state now, gotta love our governor :nofunny:. I'll let you know more when we have a firm plan in place.
Just noodled up these guys, had to go around one nail that I hit when I cut the spars off the main. It messed my chain up, but not as bad as yours :surprised3:.
I need to remember there's a steel hook in one of these rounds, don't want to hit that.
Been running this little cs490 with a 20"x325, it's not a fast saw noodling with about 18" of it, but it's getting the job done. I sold it to a friends dad with the 20" bar and 4 chains and I got him a 16" bar and 3 chains off eBay, I'll be trying those chains out in the next couple days, might get a video of it running both. It should so a great job with the 16"x325 on it.
3 rounds down and 4 to go, got some nice bedding from them, I'll do the others with 3/8 chain on some 70cc saws.
View attachment 836593View attachment 836594

Cool little saw. Them echos just seem to keep runnning eh?

And the chain. Let me know what i owe you for it and the 6 month storage fee[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I have a spare original switch out of a parts saw I can pop apart and see what's what. I'll post up tomorrow after I've finished it up.

Latest posts

Back