Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Numbers have been changed and re used so many times (by several companies) that it gets very confusing. Sometimes, a Stihl and Husky will have the same # but be completely different size saws!

The MS 460 was one (if not the) most common Stihl professional saws in use, and many are still in use (MS 440s are becoming very hard to find).

Numbers have been changed and re used so many times (by several companies) that it gets very confusing. Sometimes, a Stihl and Husky will have the same # but be completely different size saws!

The MS 460 was one (if not the) most common Stihl professional saws in use, and many are still in use (MS 440s are becoming very hard to find).

I may put my 441CM up for sale. I finished the willow grove I was clear cutting and so far have done nothing about finding a new one. I'll see how the year goes without doing any serious cutting.

Cut to proper width and hope to try out the mill this weekend. I am amazed at how well the ported 385 did with a 36 inch bar. Actually I’m impressed with it.

fc0b3b248ec0a4403fca9a37f1dd5100.plist

cd3ef2b6a44a116073a79ff2755587a5.plist

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Yes, that was my little joke. That said, I'm going to start posting repeat photos of my scrounges so that it looks like I've been doing more...
I was just thinking that you're not holding up the southern hemisphere for winter wood cutting. LOL

I totally agree, who wants to see the same tree. I will stop posting, so I no longer upset you. Carry on, I am out.

Easy tiger, I wasn't having a go at you. It was a reference to my not having picked up a saw for more than a month. The written word can be a blunt instrument sometimes.

Back