Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are ecoboost motors watch out for LSPI (low speed pre ignition)..Your oil should be SN+ rated.

The additives are vastly different and the base oil is a bit different. If you dont run DI turbo rated oil that are SN+ it is a risk. Its actually the additives that cause it and calcium is the biggest. M1 0W40 has a good amount of calcium.

Ford was seeing pistons split in half and heads crack from LSPI.

Only trying to help brother.[emoji1303][emoji41]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

When I had my eco-boost, I did a lot of research on what oil to use. For the longest time I only used Motorcraft or Shell Rotella oil's in my vehicles. I saw a lot of posts where people were sending in used oil for analysis from their eco-boosts, and one oil that did really well was Castrol. I'm trying to remember which flavor, but I ran it in my 2010 SHO, and it seemed to work well.

I still use Motorcraft oil in the Crown Vic and Expedition, everything else gets Shell Rotella 15W-40. Even the 460EFI in my F350 gets that, and she's at 208,000K miles. Purrs like a kitten (a large kitten at that).

Cool to see a little truck with AT tires, bet you can go almost anywhere with that.
Yes sir, family truck at that! I wanna lock it front and rear, it would really be a monster then! The wife wants her Lexus or Audi first lol. I bought the tractor so I’m losing the game.

Cool to see a little truck with AT tires, bet you can go almost anywhere with that.

My wife's Grandpa put BFG ATs on his 2004 4x4 ranger. They worked awesome, however he drives it so little that they ended up dry rotting on him before he wore then out.

I run nothing but BFG TAs on my trucks, and I've gotten great performance and milage (last set went over 60K on the F350, and they weren't bald but due to be changed).

My wife's Grandpa put BFG ATs on his 2004 4x4 ranger. They worked awesome, however he drives it so little that they ended up dry rotting on him before he wore then out.

I run nothing but BFG TAs on my trucks, and I've gotten great performance and milage (last set went over 60K on the F350, and they weren't bald but due to be changed).
Same will happen with these. I drive this truck about 6 miles a week unless I’m chasing firewood. That happens to any tire that sits outside. I put a $1000 set of Michelin’s on my last ranger. I put about 10k on them in 5 years and they were trash but the tread looked brand new lol.

View attachment 873102Moving more oak, almost caught up!

DANGER RANGER!!

AWSOME!

Nice tires[emoji6]

And window stickers [emoji16][emoji16]

e963bfd753d8db8744de173dbf195e35.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

@svk I forgot to tell you that I checked for .44 and .380 locally. No dice. Rural king is freaking picked clean. I think they had some .270 and some other rifle cartridges that are not as popular anymore. That was it. Their ammo shelves were barren.
Appreciate you checking. I did find 380 fmj so at least I can make some noise lol.

Usually when folks bring up said issue, their posts get deleted......I have been a member of here for 11 years and my very first deleted post was cause by discussing said issues about a month or so ago. Yeah, go figure.
I gave up on the chainsaw forum and many other sites as too many people get butt hurt to easily.

Appreciate you checking. I did find 380 fmj so at least I can make some noise lol.
Hornady FTX Bullets 44 Cal (430 Diameter) 225 Grain Flex Tip eXpanding (midwayusa.com), I bought a couple boxes of these a few weeks ago. I dont know how well, or if, they will even feed in a 44 carbine. If they dont, they should shoot well in my model 29. I have killed one bear with the pistol, only thing else I have shot it at has been paper. You can always send your carbine to me,:laugh: and you wont have to worry about finding bullets.

I don't have anything chambered in 44, but have a ton of brass a guy gave me when he knew he would be loosing his pistol permit (a long story).

I always thought it would be real cool to have a Win 92 in 44 mag, and they are making them now, but I just have trouble buying another gun … I really don't have room for the ones I've already got!

Latest posts

Back