Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. APPLE SCROUNGE!! Mentioned to my orchard buddy that if he ever had any apple trees die I'd be interested. Must be 30-40 trees he pushed out . View attachment 876874View attachment 876875

Beautiful land.

I always enjoy seeing other people’s property and surroundings. So much AWSOME property in this country still

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Beautiful land.

I always enjoy seeing other people’s property and surroundings. So much AWSOME property in this country still

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Orchard country. Mostly Apple and peaches. They clear whole mountainsides to make orchards.
20201223_104846.jpg

Battons...scrounged wood....Long story...A kid that I went to school with was always trouble. Hard knock childhood, bad/no dad and young mother. His grandfather took to raising him but would bail him out every time he got into trouble (obviously not a good idea as the kid never learns). You know where this goes. Drugs/burglary/assault and so on. Eventually he got caught in a counterfeiting ring. The reason he got caught....they walked out a restaurant without paying the bill!! So despite he had free money, he tried to skip on a $25 bill and that is how he got caught.

Anyhow, in high school he broke into an old guy's home. The old guy got the drop on him and knocked him out cold with a chunk of lumber.

History repeats itself....a couple weeks ago this dude's 19 YO son was shot and killed by LEO the day after he tried to kill another dude by shooting into the person's home.

Battons...scrounged wood....Long story...A kid that I went to school with was always trouble. Hard knock childhood, bad/no dad and young mother. His grandfather took to raising him but would bail him out every time he got into trouble (obviously not a good idea as the kid never learns). You know where this goes. Drugs/burglary/assault and so on. Eventually he got caught in a counterfeiting ring. The reason he got caught....they walked out a restaurant without paying the bill!! So despite he had free money, he tried to skip on a $25 bill and that is how he got caught.

Anyhow, in high school he broke into an old guy's home. The old guy got the drop on him and knocked him out cold with a chunk of lumber.

History repeats itself....this dude's 19 YO son was shot and killed by LEO the day after he tried to kill another dude by shooting into the person's home.
Shame that crap runs in the family, and could have been stopped by the granddad way back when.

History repeats itself....this dude's 19 YO son was shot and killed by LEO the day after he tried to kill another dude by shooting into the person's home.good rig ri
goooooolly,,thats toooooooooo bad!!!!!!!!! scum filth......

If it makes any difference, I don’t know how to delete my own post, nor would I ever “report” a post for being political.

Chipper gets points for calling me out for not being inclusive enough, but how do you know I wouldn’t be offended being told to do something “manly”?

And since being silly is more fun anyway, could someone please post the “I’m a lumberjack and I’m okay” video now.

Well, hoping to head to town to scrounge up some last minute Christmas gifts this morning. Snow was supposedly coming all night but it has just started to come now. We were supposed to get 5-9 inches with drifting but as usual the weather people over promised.

I’m seasoning cast iron in the oven this morning (collecting cast iron cookware is my other hobby besides saws) and I don’t season when the wife is around because she hates the smell. Then I’ll throw some venison in the Dutch oven and dinner will be ready when I get home from shopping.

Here are a couple that just came out of the oven. Two “grill skillets” aka modern skillets with handles removed for use on the grill. The small skillet and Dutch oven lid came from Zogger. I have three more pieces from him that are in the process of being restored as well. One of them is a beautiful #8 Lodge with “swirls” on the cooking surface which is more or less my most pristine piece of vintage iron.
View attachment 876876
Love that apple wood. As good as sugar maple and I keep a stash for the smoker. Good score!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Yea, I find it interesting that my post (which was totally factual) was deleted, but not the liberal opposing one.

And, FYI, if another member had not alerted me, I would never have known it! They do not notify you!

Guess freedom of speech is not alive here.
the is why a certain member here wanted to be removed..just like you said,,no freedom of speech,,,,,,only for the skank leftists

If it makes any difference, I don’t know how to delete my own post, nor would I ever “report” a post for being political.

Chipper gets points for calling me out for not being inclusive enough, but how do you know I wouldn’t be offended being told to do something “manly”?

And since being silly is more fun anyway, could someone please post the “I’m a lumberjack and I’m okay” video now.
You could edit it to remove the political content or report it and ask for it to be removed.

Well, hoping to head to town to scrounge up some last minute Christmas gifts this morning. Snow was supposedly coming all night but it has just started to come now. We were supposed to get 5-9 inches with drifting but as usual the weather people over promised.

I’m seasoning cast iron in the oven this morning (collecting cast iron cookware is my other hobby besides saws) and I don’t season when the wife is around because she hates the smell. Then I’ll throw some venison in the Dutch oven and dinner will be ready when I get home from shopping.

Here are a couple that just came out of the oven. Two “grill skillets” aka modern skillets with handles removed for use on the grill. The small skillet and Dutch oven lid came from Zogger. I have three more pieces from him that are in the process of being restored as well. One of them is a beautiful #8 Lodge with “swirls” on the cooking surface which is more or less my most pristine piece of vintage iron.
View attachment 876876
Man those look like brand new. I'm pretty sure you explained the cleaning and seasoning process already, but my memory ..... If you could just touch on the points, I'd appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back