Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, that isn't an anniversary edition is it?

67-72's are my favorite of all time...I've got 2 of them, nothing special just a 71 Gmc K2500 and a 72 Chevy k20...both 350/4 speeds. Neither one is worthy of pics right now. The 72 is in pieces in my shop, waiting for me to finish the body work. The 71 is waiting for it's day to be fixed up.

I'm just trying to make the 72 a halfway clean driver...I want it to look good, but not so good that I worry about scratching it. I'm going to make a flatbed for it and make it my firewood hauler. The 71 is bone stock with some kinda cool options, so I want to eventually restore it to its original condition.
Yes its an anniversary edition . 327 with the a turbo 400 truck came from new Mexico so no rot .

Yes its an anniversary edition . 327 with the a turbo 400 truck came from new Mexico so no rot .
While the first part is cool, I am a huge supporter of the later :happy:. I was just admiring my 2000 Excursion and her lack of rust yesterday :). It was worth waiting and not buying all the ones I went to look at that people said no rust in their ads, then they had rust when I got there, and they said we'll it's no rust for Michigan. It either has rust on the body, or it doesn't :buttkick:.
Those stakes sure fit nicely 👍.

Geez you guys have been busy! And nobody commemorated 3700 pages of scrounging, whiskey, maple syrup, and life! So now we did!

Last night a female friend came over to help me clean my garage. I worked for 4 hours, she worked for 3 and the kids helped a bit too. I am trading her some time at my place for help cutting trees and brush at her house later this summer. Garage is really looking awesome now, I am seeing sections of cement that literally had been covered with stuff for 15 years.

Im going to be picking up another 300 in the future Im sure. It's just a matter of time! 👍 The only thing better than one 300 is two 300's 😂

Yes. From what I've read and watched on the GNCC and Enduro Cross. The guys with trails background dominate! Wish I had those skills!
Good on ya! 👍
Wish you all could have seen the wall full of trophies in my uncle's garage. Not 5 or 6. Not 10 or 20!!!!! Loads of them. He must have been quite the trail racer. Of course any man who jumps out of a helicopter when the pilot decided the lz was too hot and was taking off had to have a set made of titanium!! Hand to hand and way outnumbered the way I hear it but he wasn't leaving the man that was trying to limp to the chopper! Go vn vets!!!! All vets for that matter.

Wish you all could have seen the wall full of trophies in my uncle's garage. Not 5 or 6. Not 10 or 20!!!!! Loads of them. He must have been quite the trail racer. Of course any man who jumps out of a helicopter when the pilot decided the lz was too hot and was taking off had to have a set made of titanium!! Hand to hand and way outnumbered the way I hear it but he wasn't leaving the man that was trying to limp to the chopper! Go vn vets!!!! All vets for that matter.
'ooh-rah!
1655309654619.png

Check out either the "Madsen's"or "Bailey's" web site catalog for after market "Pro Safety Felling Dawgs" They are great Dawgs for felling or bucking that are bigger and stay sharper way longer than OEM Dawgs. In my honest opinion.☝️ Once you use good felling and bucking dawgs. You'll never go back to small dogs again. I have them on all my saws from my 260 to my 088! 👍

260 and 661. Both with "Pro Safety" felling dawgs.,👍View attachment 995786View attachment 995787

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!
color of those chunks have a nice AK hue to them. :)

Being my first pro saw as a young cutter, and also being as I hardly ever bring the "Lone Nomad Vagabond" out of retirement, and when I do. Its not for very long before she goes back into hibernation. I have been looking for a place for her to rest. I couldn't think of a better place up and out of the way than this! She now sits higher and prouder than any of my other saw's!

View attachment 995808View attachment 995809

☝️Wait a minute! 🤔 What's that say about the loyalty to all my Stihl's!!!😲 😉

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!
swell pix!

AK cabin life....

I'm running the 16" narrow kerf bar/chain I got from Bailey's...I really like that set up.

I've got a 201tcm I use as well. I almost stopped using the 201 after I got the 2511, but I did a little port work on the 201 and love it again.

I'm still in the fire service...just play tree guy on the side. I work on the wildland side of things, so I do most of my falling there...I just recently got assigned a new 462R for falling assignments at work.

Thanks about the shop...it's a work in progress lol. I'm trying to move stuff around right now and find some more space.

Alright, pics of the current bike line up...I dont ride as much as I'd like to nowadays.

View attachment 995812View attachment 995811View attachment 995813View attachment 995814
nice bike! did u scrounge it? lol ;)

did finish up my scrounged 'what's on your workbench' hammer project... some model making to gunsmithing... and then some. got a matching tool box for it, too. :cool: my Stanley Signature Series '92' Custom... baby blue is its name. for banging on barbed wire U resets...
P1010016.JPGP1010019.JPGP1010021.JPGP1010001.JPG

nice bike! did u scrounge it? lol ;)

did finish up my scrounged 'what's on your workbench' hammer project... some model making to gunsmithing... and then some. got a matching tool box for it, too. :cool: my Stanley Signature Series '92' Custom... baby blue is its name. for banging on barbed wire U resets...
1655310626416.png P1010018.JPG
has a NASCAR hint to it...

Latest posts

Back