Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have seen the deer go from pumpkin to pumpkin taking a nibble out of quite a few dozen. The next day we inspected the damage and ended the problem. The corn damage is just as bad.
Happy we never planted for pumpkins , it was hectic enough chasing them out of the orchards. The damage to the trees was serious !

Treated myself to a birthday gift yesterday…270 Weatherby mag with a 30 mm long distance scope.

I wanted a flat shooting rifle set up for long distance shooting for a long time and didn’t want to separate the Redfield 3 to 9 off of my dad’s 7MM Weatherby (as to keep it in the condition he left it) to upgrade so this is perfect.

My ex (who is the poster child of frivolous spending) always gave me a hard time because I bought a birthday gift for myself. Call me shallow, but I’ve been called worse lol.

Came with 50 rounds of 130 grain Barnes TSX bullets.
View attachment 1015459

View attachment 1015458
Congrats brother beautiful Rifle , what's it's 1st extended victim ?

Happy we never planted for pumpkins , it was hectic enough chasing them out of the orchards. The damage to the trees was serious !
I know they like apples but apparently not mine. I got about 4 apple trees that have had a huge fruit set this year. They have dropped a large amount and I never see deer around.

Nice gun Steve, what make scope?

Hope it shoots well for you, reloading it will likely save you lots of coin!

I'm using the Barnes tipped (TTSX) bullets in 3 of my guns, they seem to prefer them over the original TSX hollow points. (30-06, 300 Win Mag, 270 Win Short Mag).

I have my 270 Win Short Mag for the long-distance stuff. Not quite as hot as what you have, but close enough!

My 300 Win Mag will shoot just as flat (as my 270 short mag), but the 270 is lighter and has less recoil.

I know they like apples but apparently not mine. I got about 4 apple trees that have had a huge fruit set this year. They have dropped a large amount and I never see deer around.
Yeah it funny that way , perhaps their natural food source , or in your case Bill other food plots are just more to their liking . We planted corn as I stated , that the Bucks hit on occasion , however nothing like the dam does & the apples. One year, my grandmother suggested lettuce , that was a mistake the darn rabbits loved that ! :rare2:

Model 92 was never chambered in 30-30, it was short pistol cartridges.

Was really just a scaled down Model 86, light weight and handy, and able to shoot the same round as your revolver.
44-40 was a favorite caliber for the Big hoop Saddle Carbine as was the 32-40 & 38-55 in the longer Model 94 . Actually Mike I was just being contrite within Lionsfan comment to me being the John Wayne type lol. I 'm not a movie buff , so you will have to bear with me . I realize that the film portral was supposedly around 1860 in the Oklahoma territory , although actual footage was from somewhere in Oregon . So yeah that would rule out the 30-30 long cartridge round which was not manufacturered until 1895 . Actually , prefer my current Marlin 460 Big-bore over any of the smaller caliber Carbines for my uses , but having 10 + rounds available is nice. . Now lets work on the NY State Hunting Policies & Regulations brother ...:p

I bought a couple tickets to the local VFD Gun Bash by my place in WV. I was looking at the prizes which range from a $25,000 side by side to $10,000 in cash to a Stihl 500. Of course a bunch of guns too. I was joking and said with my luck I'd win another chainsaw? Then I thought I saw something about the 500 being a pretty good saw. Would I like it better than my 660? I really like the 660.

In Minnesota it’s the opposite… Carry going anywhere you want except for in a school or a federal building. A post office is considered a federal building. Any privately owned business that says guns are banned has no jurisdiction. The only exception to this is if they ask you to leave because you are armed and you refuse to leave then you can be charged with trespassing.

Latest posts

Back