Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm confused here... Are you saying that YOU aren't happy with the thread drift, so EVERYONE else should conform to what YOU like? Instead of you just leaving, or skipping a post here and there?

It didn't take me too long to see who the ******** are here, I just don't read "their" post, instead of complaining about those post. lol AND if someone doesn't like my post, they are welcome to skip those too!

SR
This is 100% I've been a part of this thread on and off for years. There has always been drifting in topics in this thread. Last winter we were talking about socks for a week. This thread in particular and a couple others has regular people that post here and nowhere else. So if you want to talk to them about anything besides a firewood scrounge this is where you have to do it. I've never reported anyone for anything if I don't like what anyone has to say I'll just move on. The report button should be the permanently remove myself from the thread button.

This is 100% I've been a part of this thread on and off for years. There has always been drifting in topics in this thread. Last winter we were talking about socks for a week. This thread in particular and a couple others has regular people that post here and nowhere else. So if you want to talk to them about anything besides a firewood scrounge this is where you have to do it. I've never reported anyone for anything if I don't like what anyone has to say I'll just move on. The report button should be the permanently remove myself from the thread button.
that would get rid of a lot of criers {squealers} on this forum,,i like it!!!!

Well, not good news, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner of later.

The wife came down with Covid yesterday, and I tested positive this morning.

I don't feel great, but neither of us feel real bad either, so I guess that's good!

Hope it is brief.
Sending prayers your way Mike for a quick recovery hope you guys do ok.

So, I'm confused here... Are you saying that YOU aren't happy with the thread drift, so EVERYONE else should conform to what YOU like? Instead of you just leaving, or skipping a post here and there?

It didn't take me too long to see who the ******** are here, I just don't read "their" post, instead of complaining about those post. lol AND if someone doesn't like my post, they are welcome to skip those too!

SR

Egg zactly!!!

To me it’s no different than any other subject I’m not interested in, I keep scrolling.

Well, not good news, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner of later.

The wife came down with Covid yesterday, and I tested positive this morning.

I don't feel great, but neither of us feel real bad either, so I guess that's good!

Hope it is brief.
Hope it passes quickly Mike. Keep an eye on your oxygen level. I'm stihl not back to feeling 100% after 2 months. Prayers buddy.

Gotta do what you gotta do.
Going to where I'm working at right now I pass a huge cedar(at least for what I normally see) , probably 32"+, I'll try to get a picture. There's also a large white pine not far from it, it had some vines on it, may be poison ivy :crazy2:.
I think I will pass on the 32 " girth cedar's with my race profile chains Brett ! :crazy2:

I think they dropped that idea for now. That may sound good in NYC, but upstate NY would not be happy with it.

The battles are in the suburbs, where you have folks on both sides of the fence.

It can get annoying if someone does not know how to operate their stove cleanly.
Battle for 'burban air quality...... Welcome to my world. One reason I do this whole scrounge thing.....I know it's properly seasoned and burn hot.... EPA uncontrollable stoves.... Meltingly hot with proper dry wood!

SR
I don't think so, no. Philly is one of the strongest and calmest members here, he had expressed a view calmly, listen. Yes he can ignore people but a newbie can't, and without newbies this community dies. Philbert, and I, know what content to ignore or scroll over but worry that the thread is dieing as it's not getting new scroungers. I think.... I've not discussed this with Philbert.,.. Hope I'm not offending him..... okay I'm expressing my own worry!
Indeed, happy with it to. ..I can and will scroll over, or read content from those I know as good guys such as Mike, Steve, Steve even though it's a subject I know zero about, way choice. It's just a frustration that sometimes the thread isn't scrounge and without an agreed theme risks dieing.... I'd say the lack of scrounge posts from regulars is partly because there are no newbies, no new blood to help. Kodiak is a great recent asset but if we had any mi on the thread I bet the number of new posters, and new hits, has dropped loads in the last couple of years. So, not complaining about any current posters.... Just saying things are drifting.

Covid hit me at just the wrong time. I was supposed to go with my daughter, grandson and MechanicMatt for early antlerless at a farm he has access to this evening.

My grandson and daughter both got their first deer!

Attachments

• Krystle+Thomafirstdeer09-14-2022.jpg
    Krystle+Thomafirstdeer09-14-2022.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 0
I feel like I've been behind the eight ball since my surgery last year. This year, my wife decided I needed to reno the basement. Between that and a lot of hot days, I haven't been on the wood. My log pile is all grown up and I had to get the weed whacker out to find the pallets I stack on. Finally cooled down and most of the basement flooring is done so out I went. As much as I wanted to run my MS460 to compare it to my imaginary 462, I never started it. The weed whacker found enough rounds for me to get a round/oval stack going. Can't wait to get back on it. Back is feeling it but it sure feels good to get going on next winters wood!
IMG_20220914_190607.jpgIMG_20220914_193233.jpgIMG_20220914_193857.jpgIMG_20220914_193932.jpg

Battle for 'burban air quality...... Welcome to my world. One reason I do this whole scrounge thing.....I know it's properly seasoned and burn hot.... EPA uncontrollable stoves.... Meltingly hot with proper dry wood!

I don't think so, no. Philly is one of the strongest and calmest members here, he had expressed a view calmly, listen. Yes he can ignore people but a newbie can't, and without newbies this community dies. Philbert, and I, know what content to ignore or scroll over but worry that the thread is dieing as it's not getting new scroungers. I think.... I've not discussed this with Philbert.,.. Hope I'm not offending him..... okay I'm expressing my own worry!

Indeed, happy with it to. ..I can and will scroll over, or read content from those I know as good guys such as Mike, Steve, Steve even though it's a subject I know zero about, way choice. It's just a frustration that sometimes the thread isn't scrounge and without an agreed theme risks dieing.... I'd say the lack of scrounge posts from regulars is partly because there are no newbies, no new blood to help. Kodiak is a great recent asset but if we had any mi on the thread I bet the number of new posters, and new hits, has dropped loads in the last couple of years. So, not complaining about any current posters.... Just saying things are drifting.
Not everyone has a scrounge everyday though newbie or not. The problem with attendance is that with FB and Instagram and the other community's is that the newest generation grew up with those as the form of interaction. I grew up in the 90s born in the 80s so I'm well versed in the forum atmosphere. Heck I've built them I'm quite sure I have an earlier version of Vbulletin somewhere on CD around here. My point is the old timers here are what really keep this going and this thread is never going to survive on scrounge posts alone. I like Phil hes very knowledgeable, more knowledgeable than anyone on here about chains. But all those threads on chain grinding, filing, raker clean up their all dead. Yeah you can find content in those easily but also that is a more technical thread than here. But the conversations on those threads have ended. This thread has became so diverse because getting random firewood comes with so many topics. I like many others I'm sure was always taught to never go in the woods without a gun. Basic 101 because that's where unscrupulous individuals like to hang out. Also deer love the sound of a chainsaw so your going to have hunters like Mike too. That's what keeps this thread going. To keep it on topic here's the wood I'm bringing home from the storm cleanup this weekend.20220901_191752.jpg

Nothing wrong with a little drifting imo . Normally scrounging gets back to the forefront . Many of us hunt & fish or prepare foods or drink Miller Tall-Boy's etc. A little variety never hurts . I hope Mike turns the corner fast , lots of ballistic testing to finish , and my Barne's bullets came in for my .378 Weatherby , that's heading to Moose Camp for some serious testing . :blob2: So I can report back to Mike accordingly. ;)

I am dead serious on the offer. I will not in anyway tell you I can put you in trophy buck area as we seem to have too many folks who harvest young bucks. I will tell you only my sons and two neighbors will be allowed to harvest deer here this year, If my brother would grow a set of you know what the same would could be said of our family farm that we have had since the civil war. The fact is my two neighbors will end up hunting their own ground and my sons will be too busy to hunt so this year. The deer will be able to escape and grow here. There will be little to zero pressure here
Sounds good! Trust me, I am not taking your invitation as hear say! I will stay in touch!👍

Latest posts

Back