Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to say I pulled it a couple years ago but Ill double check when I pull the carb to throw it in the ultrasonic and soak the tank. Ill order those clunks that Sean suggested today. This is the only problem I've ran across on multiple different all mag saws I have a couple 65Ls that have some corrosion and paint flaking. If this doesn't work ill get some of that redcote tank coating stuff. If all else fails I know that will work.
Here’s a golden oldie. She cuts real good .

Attachments

• 1821B0E0-00A2-415C-8042-5CA2CED1F2A6.jpeg
    1821B0E0-00A2-415C-8042-5CA2CED1F2A6.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Here’s a golden oldie. She cuts real good .
Man that's a mint 77! you don't see them with the stickers intact. I have plenty of 65 crankcases if I ever find a 77 top end ill build one up. I love the mufflers of those have a very distinct sound. Ill have to get one out for firewood season I really like those series of saws.

Man that's a mint 77! you don't see them with the stickers intact. I have plenty of 65 crankcases if I ever find a 77 top end ill build one up. I love the mufflers of those have a very distinct sound. Ill have to get one out for firewood season I really like those series of saws.
That’s actually a repro decal kit from Sugar Creek Supply, the original ones were toasted .

That’s actually a repro decal kit from Sugar Creek Supply, the original ones were toasted .
That's a great reproduction that's for sure. Very close to the original. The 65 I got for 15 bucks here has them all but the 65 on the side. It couldn't have been used more than a couple seasons. Its funny that out of all the high rev saws I probably enjoy these style of saws the most. They love big wood and have torque for days. They are not fast but slow and steady wins the race. If nobody has ran this era of Huskys I suggest that they do. Its cool to see and run in person the early designs that revolutionized saws. The same with Pioneer had they been around today I think we would have seen allot of cool stuff. To this day that Boost Port is Highly sought after. Id love to see a 655BP or a P62 in person.

That's a great reproduction that's for sure. Very close to the original. The 65 I got for 15 bucks here has them all but the 65 on the side. It couldn't have been used more than a couple seasons. Its funny that out of all the high rev saws I probably enjoy these style of saws the most. They love big wood and have torque for days. They are not fast but slow and steady wins the race. If nobody has ran this era of Huskys I suggest that they do. Its cool to see and run in person the early designs that revolutionized saws. The same with Pioneer had they been around today I think we would have seen allot of cool stuff. To this day that Boost Port is Highly sought after. Id love to see a 655BP or a P62 in person.
Yea do luv the older saws for sure , yup 655BP is on my bucket list but don’t come up very seldom. Here’s a couple of my favorites.

Attachments

• 37C2C64F-493F-4D83-822F-4BD445D46897.jpeg
    37C2C64F-493F-4D83-822F-4BD445D46897.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Yea actually made the V stack , they run a lot better air flow , helps being a tool& die maker. Lol
Yeah similar here. I do CAD design and I program and run Mills, and wire EDM. Pretty soon I'm going to make a .404 sprocket for my Homelite Wiz ill do it up In CAD and wire it out.

Looks like I'm going to have to pull the carb again to clean the screen. Was bogging on the high this evening. Must still be some crap in the tank I've cleaned the carb twice now. I'll pull it off again the filter must not be fine enough to filter the crud out.
Also Vince when I 1st got my P-51 from my Uncle it had sat for 20 yrs . I had to replace all the old neoprene fuel line , rebuild the carburator & tune. Also , the old felt filter membrane was toast , replaced it with a Walbro reproduction element . I found that a half tank of evaporust & a 1' length of dog chain links left in the tank & shaken daily for a few minutes broke up & dissolved all the fuel tanks internal rust in 3 days . It was like a shiney nickle brother ;) Por -15 also has a very similar product . Both products will not harm non rust laden carbon steel or aluminium or rubber or plastics for that matter . I love my Pioneers , I start & run all 3 of them every year for sentimental reasons . Nothing like the sound of old school Pioneer just off idle to make you feel alive ! :blob2:

Also Vince when I 1st got my P-51 from my Uncle it had sat for 20 yrs . I had to replace all the old neoprene fuel line , Also the old felt filter membrane . Replaced it with Walbro reproduction element . I found that a half tank of evaporust & a 1' length of dog chain links left in the tank & shaken daily for a few minutes broke up & dissolved all the fuel tanks internal rust in 3 days . It was like a shiney nickle brother ;) Por -15 also has a very similar product . Both products will not harm non rust laden carbon steel or aluminium or rubber or plastics for that matter . I love my Pioneers , I start & run all 3 of them every year for sentimental reasons . Nothing like the sound of old school Pioneer just off idle to make you feel alive ! :blob2:
Those reed saws are awesome !!

I didn't think there was but maybe. I have super clean here and some berrymans carb cleaner I could pull all the lines and dump that stuff in there and let it sit for 24 hours and see if it eats that stuff.
Hope that's the ticket!!! This little piece was hiding from me. Found it with a mirror!!!!

Latest posts

Back