Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the moral of the story is that ur back to t

My local saw shop used to have all the sexy posters and calendars with girls holding Stihls. I don't know if Stihl stopped doing those photoshoots or if the shop's gone PC, but not much of that stuff on the walls anymore.:(
Yeah, I'd really like to get one fir the "Saw Chop" corner of my work shop.

There will never be a needmore in my safe unless I win one, which I’ll promptly trade in.

This old boy absorbed three shots from a .270 Weatherby mag throwing Barnes TSX bullets. I haven’t checked the exact ballistics of that load but he absorbed about 9000 foot pounds of energy before finally waving the white flag.
using any gun is cheating. Nothing like a bowie stuck behind the shoulder to put a hog down

I can't afford those Stihl/husky saws, nor am I a pro logger. What I have works great for what I do. If someone offered me a 660/61 for cheap I would not hesitate to buy it. They are great saws, just my wallet doesn't open that big
Maybe someone would "Gift" you one? But don't hold your breath, I'm still waiting for mine :laugh: .

Rather than make a whole thread I’ll ask here, is a Dolmar 7300 still worth buying? One popped up locally here that looks like it’s hardly been run for relatively cheap. My father is looking for a something with a bit more power over the Rancher he has now. He ran my 372 and liked it, I figure the 7300 has similar power?

Rather than make a whole thread I’ll ask here, is a Dolmar 7300 still worth buying? One popped up locally here that looks like it’s hardly been run for relatively cheap. My father is looking for a something with a bit more power over the Rancher he has now. He ran my 372 and liked it, I figure the 7300 has similar power?
Any hardly used dolmar for relatively cheap is always a good investment imo. Looks like the 6400 and 7900 are more popular but if it's power is in the middle of those two you can't go wrong.

Let us know how it works, it looks good, how much are the replacement file bits?

I find no replacement file bits. But it comes with 3, and the tool is only $15.73. I haven’t purchased one, but am thinking about it. Wanted to see if anyone had experience first.

Well, even though my post about borrowing my neighbors Fiskars and splitting two cords in an hour was pretty much just a joke. (Maybe a stupid one, 🤷 but a joke none the less. Im a simpleton! my Saws are sharper than I am!) I did however conduct a wood splitting drill with the 8lb Fiskars and it is definitely more efficient and effective than a regular 8lb maul. I will be rondevouzing with a Fiskars Supplier ASAP! 😒 To aquire the well balanced weapon against wood and it shall then be added to my current arsenal of wood splitting arms at hand!😒 Id like to try the ☠️X-27☠️ though! However, intel sources report that they are in high demand and on a first come first serve basis and that it may be a while until supplies are dropped!🤕How long is the handle and how many pounds dose this enemy of unsplit firewood weight? This infamous☠️ X27☠️? 😒

This message will self destruct In minus 10,9,8,7...
Fiskars would be a good name for a dog! ;<)

Got my little shaver a cat and she's actually decent. Seems to get that I don't always want bothered and keeps her distance. She drops by once in a while for a quick head scratch for an " acceptance. Check-in" it seems but then disappears again. I can deal with that. IMG_20221210_112931533.jpg

Back